I Never Thought This Day Would Come

Since the pandemic happened and the
announcement of lockdown earlier last year, I didn’t exactly know what to do for the rest of lockdown and what would happen to me. I got anxious and scared ever since the pandemic happened. Throughout the first few days of lockdown, I thought of things I should do to divert my attention and listed them all down eventually and one of these things is reading. I realized whatever the books or stories it might be, I should still start reading it.

I never thought this day would come where I would find inner peace and comfort through reading stories in the midst of pandemic. Truth be told, I was never a fan nor fond of literature until this pandemic happened and was stucked in our home for months. During this hard time, I became interested reading such literatures online whilst drinking coffee until 2 in the morning. I still remember that moment where I was sitting on my bed at 2 am whilst holding my phone and listening to music on earphones without light’s on and noise and it felt so much peace. I felt like I was actually in the scenario of the story where Mr. Darcy was confronting Elizabeth at that moment.

I would always treasure this memory because I got to spend wonderful time with this thing- I never knew I would become interested in. Literature literally brings me so much comfort and peace especially during this unfortunate situation and I hope other people would also appreciate reading it. To be honest, at the beginning and even up until now, I still get to experienced hard times whenever I read literatures and other stories especially when they were written in old English. Sure, it was hard for me to understand some of them but what would I do then if I don’t understand them, of course, I had to search up its meaning. I’d read and search its meaning online to fully understand the phrase of the story and I think there’s nothing wrong doing that. Let’s just continue doing things that don’t harm others but will benefit us may or may not be directly. 

Please guys if there is anything wrong with my grammar don't be shy to leave a comment, so that i can improve my writing.🙂 thank you for reading  :)  :)