Memories and family

You went to your room. It was already night. You smiled remembering how you met Mrs. Park.

-Flashback-

A month back, you went to a mall. It was the weekend and you thought to stroll around the mall. Just when you were about to enter the Gucci store, an old lady was chasing a man who you assumed had stolen her purse. Well, she wasn't that old. She was in her later 40s, that's what you thought. 

You placed your leg in front of that man when he looked back at the lady. He collapsed, causing the purse to tumble out of his clutch. You knelt down and snatched the purse from the man after giving a tight slap. After the loud impact on his right face, he bolted. You were ready to follow him when you were stopped in your tracks by a hand from behind. You turned around to see the same lady who was breathing heavily. She attempted to say something, but you couldn't hear her. She snatched the purse from your grip and opened it with her trembling hand, removing her inhaler. That's when you discovered she had asthma. You held her by the shoulders and brought her to a nearby bench. She smiled warmly at you once she felt better.

"Thank you so much, my dear. I don't care about the purse, but this inhaler matters. So I had to chase him down, despite the fact that I was asthmatic. I don't know what I would have done otherwise."

She smiled as she took your hands in hers. "It's fine, aunty. I could have chased him down. It's not a big deal for me because I'm a taekwondo practitioner. I'm glad I was able to help you." You had the sweetest smile on your face.

"You are so pretty and kind. Join me at my home. I'd like to make you something."

"No aunty! It's fine, really!"

"Please? Allow me to thank you. My sons think I'm a great cook. You are welcome to try; I won't make you sick." She joked, making you giggle.

"Okay, aunty! If you insist."

-Time skip-

You both came out of her Mercedes and stood in front of the mansion that was standing proudly.

 Your mouth was agape after looking at the view in front of you. You believed she was a normal person, but the mansion in front of you made you understand she wasn't. She had to be really rich which made you conscious all of a sudden.

When you first stepped inside, you were taken aback by the decor. "Your house is lovely, aunty," you said, causing her to smile. "Thank you so much, darling. Let's make our way to the kitchen. You sit on the kitchen island and let me cook for you and my husband."

"Didn't you mention your sons? Why wouldn't you cook for them?" You inquired, making her smile.

"My older kid is a model, therefore he's currently in Paris. My younger son, on the other hand, is a brat. He's completely useless. My husband's wealth and position have utterly spoiled him." She sighed but continued, "I don't know how I can discipline him. My husband toiled for years to establish his company. My sons never saw his struggle. My older son is a great guy, but my younger one is completely useless. I adore both of them, but Jimin irritates me to no end."

"Jimin? Your younger son, right?" She flashed a feeble smile and nodded her head.

"All right, now let's talk about you. Tell me everything about yourself and your family."

"I'm 24 years old and my name is Kim Y/n. I have a business degree and a taekwondo black belt. My family died in a car accident when I was six years old. My older brother was four years older than me."

She turned 180 degrees on hearing you. She noticed the tears welling up in your eyes. She ran up to you and embraced you, being the kind lady she is. "So who has been looking after you all these years? You've grown into a beautiful and kind lady." She patted your head lovingly. Her body oozed compassion and warmth, making you smile. After so many years, you could finally feel some motherly love.

"My grandma took me with her. She used to stay in Daegu. She genuinely cared about me and looked after me for many years, until last year. She was in her eighties. I returned to Seoul after her death and began staying where my family and I used to stay while they were alive." You swallowed the hard lump that had formed in your throat. You didn't want to embarrass yourself.

"Can you tell me what you do for a living?" She asked, releasing the hug but still holding you by your shoulders.

"Actually I'm looking for a job, but I'm having trouble finding one." You let out a sigh. "I miss my family, particularly my brother. We were each other's lifeline. But one accident turned my life upside down."

"You have a family, my dear. We will be your family. Don't ever say that." She kissed the top of your head. You could see tears building in her eyes when she glanced into yours.

"Thank you so much, aunty. You really are the sweetest."

"Jagi, why are you crying?" A voice from the kitchen entrance drew both of your attention to the source. There was a dashing and attractive man of great stature. He appeared to be in his early fifties.

"My sweet girl made me cry with her talks. By the way, she is Y/n. And Y/n, he is my husband."

"Hello, uncle. Nice to meet you." You bowed, respectfully.

"Oh, that's no need. Nice to meet you too Y/n. I'm Park Dae-Hyung." He flashed a smile.

"Freshen up and come for dinner, yeobo. Y/n will be having dinner with us."