three

𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓰 𝓶𝓲𝓴𝓪𝓮𝓵𝓼𝓸𝓷
3. friday night bites

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"World war II ended in..." Mr. Tanner said, looking around the classroom. "Anyone got anything? Miss Juan? 1945."

"Psst. FYI...Our team sucks. They could use you." I hear Elena whisper from beside me.

"Can't," Stefan responds from behind me. "I'm a loner."

"Guys? I'm trying to hear." I said, pointing at my ear, and they chuckled.

"Miss Gilbert?"

"Hmm?" Elena turns to the front of the class.

"Pearl Harbor?" Mr. Tanner asked her.

"Um..."

"December 7, 1941," Stefan answers for her.

"Thank you, Miss Gilbert," Tanner says, looking at Stefan, and the class laughs.

"Anytime." Stefan jokes.

"Very well. The fall of the Berlin Wall." Tanner continued addressing the class.

"1989. I'm good with dates, sir." Stefan answered before I could raise my hand.

"Are you? Look at that. Something you and Miss Flynn have in common." Mr. Tanner says, causing me to turn to look at Stefan, then face the front. "How good? Keep it to the year. Feel free to join in, Miss Flynn."

"I'm okay." I roll my eyes.

"Civil Rights Act."

"1964,"

"John F. Kennedy assassination."

"1963,"

"Martin Luther King."

"'68."

"Lincoln."

"1865."

"Roe vs. Wade."

"1973."

"Brown vs. Board."

"1954."

"The Battle of Gettysburg."

"1863."

"Korean War."

"1950 to 1953."

"Ha! It ended in '52." Mr. Tanner said before turning to the front of the class.

"It was '53." I corrected, and Mr. Tanner looked at me, then at Stefan before he spoke.

"Look it up, somebody. Quickly."

"It was 19...53." a student in the front read off his phone.

There were whispers between the students before everyone started applauding. The bells ring a few minutes later, and everyone packs their stuff and heads to their next class.