Chapter 3

"What are you doing here?" Isaac asks

"I called her." Chris answers

"Why?"

"We need her help."

"We could've done this without her. That was the point of our trip. To solve this without implying the pack."

"No worries, we'll find the box and then I'll leave immediately." Hope says

"You better. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get ready."

"But we need to discuss the plan." Chris tells him

"Fill me in later. I have a date I can't miss."

A date? Is he a monster? His girlfriend just barely died and he already sees other girls? I guess he doesn't have a heart....those are all Hope's thoughts. A slight anger can be felt in her body. The fact that he's treating Allison's death the same way he treated their breakup makes her want to punch him right away.

"Okay, then I'll explain to you everything needed. So, I went to the remained relatives that still live here." Chris starts to explain to Hope as Isaac disappears

"Wait, you still have relatives here?"

"Yes, but he haven't talked in a really long time. Anyway, they keep saying that they don't know anything about the box and also they didn't know I was here. That's how I know they are lying. An Argent always knows about its family."

"So, do you have any lead?"

"They told me they're gonna hold an auction tomorrow night. The box must be there, so we're going. You might want to buy a dress."

"Great..."

"If you want and feel capable of it, you can walk around the city. I still need to make the preparations of the plan."

"Um, I can help you."

"Hope, it's your first night here in Paris. Enjoy it."

"Okay, thanks."

Hope does as he says and goes out.

(...)

In the meantime, Isaac was preparing a special picnic for Chloe near the Seine river. The lights up some small candles, he bought some red roses and also red wine. So cliche :) He waited for her for almost an hour, but no sight of her. He decided to give up, but suddenly hears someone calling him. It was Chloe.

"You came!"

"I almost didn't, but I thought maybe I should give you a second chance. So, you better not waste it."

"No, no"he chuckles

"Omg, I think I did a mistake. How American can you be? Red wine, candles, roses? Isaac, you watch too many movies."

"But it's romantic, right?"

"Right..." she says as she sits down on the blanket "So, tell me, how much did you think of this plan?"

"The whole day."

"Wow...imagine if we would've traveled somewhere" she laughs

"Maybe we should"

"Um, okay, let's not hurry up. We barely know each other."

"Yeah, but life is short. You'll never know when..." he can't continue the sentence, because of Alli

"Isaac, is everything okay?"

"Yeah, it's just...you can never know when you'll die. You can die today, in 10 years, or when you are old."