Chapter 6

Isaac's POV
Chloe closes the door after Hope leaves.
"So, can we talk now?" I ask her
"Yes."
"Look, I am sorry. I know I might not get another chance, but I really like you."
"I just want the truth, okay? Because I feel like you are hiding something from me. What's the deal with Hope? Why is she really here?"
I couldn't tell her about the supernatural. It would ruin her life, so I will just modify the truth a bit.
"Okay, I will tell you everything."
I suggest to sit down at the small table that was in the kitchen. I start to tell her that me and Hope used to date, but then she cheated on me by kissing her best friend and I decided to break up with her, since I started to get close to Alli. And the death of her made me come here to start a new life. Hope's arrival was just a coincidence and, since we are kind of friends now, I decided to be nice and let her crush here for a few days. I know the accomodations in Paris are really expensive.
"I can see that you are a good person. But it's still weird to be under the same rooftop as her. Given your history. Even tho she seems misunderstood."
"She has been through some traumas, not gonna lie."
"Yeah, but everyone has their own trauma. Doesn't mean we need to treat people like shit." Chloe says and touches my hand. I take hers in mines. Then Chris shows up.
"I didn't know you have guests." Chris says
"I was about to leave. Wait, aren't you Hope's boss?"
"Um...yes. I rented the place from him. Another reason why I let Hope stay here." I tries to explain to her
"I am even more confused. Um... I am gonna go."
"Can we meet tomorrow?"
"Sure. Good night, Isaac."
"Goodnight."
"New girlfriend?" Chris asks
"Not really. I like her, but she knows something is wrong and I don't want to involve her in this mess."
"Then, you need to distance yourself from her a bit. At least until we get the box back and you can start your life properly."
"Somehow, I know you are right. But is really hard."

Hope's POV
Roman took me at some fancy restaurant. We were eating on a rooftop, where we can see the Eiffle Tour.
"The view is amazing! I hope it's not too expensive." I say
"Nonsense. For me it doesn't matter."
"For me, yes. I want to afford what I eat."
"Why? I am the one paying."
"You payed at the bakery as well. I can't let you do that."
"I was the one who invited you, so I should pay."
"Wow! Americans are not so educated."
"I am a gentleman. This should be the bare minimum."
"I agree. So tell me, what other rules do you have?"
"I usually don't eat and talk at the same time, but I want to hear your beautiful voice, so I am making an exception."
"No, no. I can't let you break this rule! I will shut up."
"No, please. Forget I said that. Another rule. If I gave you permission, you need to take advantage of it."
"Sounds dominant."
"I am."
"Well, too bad. I don't like to be told what to do."
"You will have to learn."
"Usually I would get offended by this, but hearing it from you sounds so....am I allowed to say <<hot>> in this restaurant? I feel I need to have a specific vocabulary."
"Neah, speak freely. Don't be shy. Plus, I like you calling me hot."
"I didn't say that you are hot. I said that the phrase from your mouth is hot."
"So you don't think I am attractive?"
"I don't want to lie. You are a good-looking man."
"You know what? Let's get out of here."
"And where are we going?"
"I was planning it for another night, but you are special. So, I will give you to taste my specialty."
He gets some cash from his blazer and puts it on the table. Then he grabs my hand and exit the restaurant. He takes me to his apartment. Omg, I hope he doesn't want to do it. I didn't sign for this.
His apartment is so big. It's a whole penthouse with an amazing view to the river.
"You live here alone?" I ask while watching the view from his balcony
"Yes." He says and gives me some champagne "Now tell me what you think of this."
I taste it "Omg! It's so good! Where did you get it?"
"I make it."
"What?"
"I have my own production in the south. If you would have stayed longer, I could've driven you there."
"Maybe another time. I won't stay long."
"How long are you staying here?"
"Depends when my boss wants to finish his business here. He gives me some tasks that are related to the real thing happening in Paris."
"What's that thing?"
"I don't know. I am not allowed to know."
He gets my face in his palm, making me look into his eyes. They were so mysterious. I wanted to hate the guy, but his glare just couldn't make you feel that way. It was like he was obligating me to feel attracted to him.
"If I were your boss, you would have known every move of mine, until you got used to it." He whispers to my ear, and then his mouth gets only 1cm away from my mouth. It's like he loved to tease me, to make me beg for his taste. "Say it. I know you want it."
"I do."
Then he presses his lips against mine. It was so possessive, but I loved it. I never felt like this before, not even with Isaac. He somehow always showed me that I am in control too, but with Roman it felt like it's forbidden to be against his will. You needed to obey him.
"You should go home. It's getting late. I will put the driver to take you."
"I thought you wanted more." I say. Why did I say that?
"Hope, I am a gentleman. I don't want to take advantage of you. Step by step. Btw, there's a party tomorrow and I want you to come. I will send you the address and all the details."
I don't say anything and I go to the car.