Chapter 7

Hope couldn't sleep last night and neither Isaac. Too much has happened in one night to make them overthink. Why can't they have a proper conversation? Why is it so hard to move on? Too many questions and no answer.
In the morning, someone knocks on the door. Isaac goes to open it. It was Roman.
"What are you doing here?" Isaac asks him
"Good morning to you too. I came to see Hope. You guys just left last night and I got only a text that she's feeling sick. I had to see with my own eyes she's fine."
"She is. Now you can go."
"If I knew she had a roomate I wouldn't have worried. You guys are closer than I thought."
"It's none of your business."
"Roman!" Hope's voice can be heard from behind "How did you know where I live?"

""Roman!" Hope's voice can be heard from behind "How did you know where I live?"

"I asked a few neighbours of yours. I wanted to check on you. Are you okay? Your eyes are a bit puffy."
"Yeah, I'm fine. I just didn't sleep that much."
"Well, I can make you my special tea. It helps me sleep, since I suffer for insomnia."
"I can take care of her, alright? I said you can leave." Isaac tells Roman
"Isaac! You have no right to kick him out!" Hope says
"It's alright. Seems you have some things to deal with. Text me later?" Roman asks Hope
"Sure. Thank you for checking on me." Hope closes the door after Roman "what is wrong with you?"
"Did you forget that he's our enemy?"
"I didn't, but he doesn't know that and he can't suspect anything."
"But did you suspect that Chris is not home?"
"What?! He didn't arrive last night?"
"No. I didn't sleep, so I kept checking the door. I'm sure something happened to him and Roman knows it."

"I can track him. We just need to find something of his."

"Here." Isaac hands her one of Chris' socks

Hope tries to track him, but fails.

"Why is nothing happening?" Isaac asks

"Because something is blocking my magic."

"Or maybe someone."

................................................................................

In the meantime, Chris was held captive in a basement. He was hanging to a rope tied to his hands and he looked beaten up. There was also a bodyguard at the door with a pistol in his hand.

"S'il vous plaît, laissez-moi sortir ! (Please, let me out!)" Chris was yelling at the guy, but he was ignored.

A couple of minutes later, Roman shows up.

"Well, well, well...what do we have here...Chris Argent. The hunter. I was expecting this day to come, but maybe not like this."

"What do you want?"

"I think I should ask the questions, since you are the one who broke into my apartment. You were looking for this, am I right?" he shows Chris the box "You don;t even need to answer, cause I already got the answer. I saw you at the auction, I'm not stupid."

"Because it was my property."

"It's not my fault you don't take care of your stuff. I won this fair and square."

"You know they will come after me, right?"

"Oh, I am aware. And I'm waiting for them. But it will be too late. Tonight is the full moon and I intend to use the box. I will become more powerful than your precious tribrid. Too bad she's pretty. She got bad luck, I guess."

Roman leaves Chris in the basement.

..........................................................................................................................

"So, let's do a recap of the plan. You are going inside of Roman's apartment and try to get his attention, while I sneak in and try to find Chris?" Isaac asks Hope

"Yup." She answers

"Isn't it risky?"

"Do you have a better idea?"

"No."

"Okay, wait for my signal. I'll check the place and see if he's inside."

"But wouldn't be too stupid to keep him in the house?"

"Yeah, but maybe I'll find a clue. I'm sure he's somewhere here."

"Good luck."

"Thanks."

Hope enters the building and knocks on Roman's door.

"Hope! Are you okay?"

"Sorry to come uninvited here, but I didn't know where else to go." Hope says sobing

"Nonesense. Come on in!" He invites her in "Do you want some tea?"

"Sure." Hope agrees and sits on his couch

"Tell me dear, what happened?"

"I had a huge fight with Isaac and my boss it's not answering his phone. I don't have anyone else here. Except you..."

"You know you can rely on me anytime. And you can stay here as long as you need."

"Thank you. I won't stay long. I didn't bring anything with me."

"Dear, I can give you everything. No worries."

"I know. It's just I'm so overwhelmed. First, this fight with Isaac, and also my boss is not replying to any of my texts or calls. I'm supposed to leave back home soon."

"Already?"

"Yeah, my tasks here are done and he's in charge on getting my ticket."

"Who's your boss? Maybe I can make some calls and find him..."

"Oh no, you probably don't know him."

"He's been to the auction, right? So I'm sure I know him. I have access on the list of guests."

"Right...it's um...Chris Argent."

"Argent? Interesting..."

"You know him?"

"Oh, I know his family. We used to work together."

"That's weird...he never mentioned you."

"Because we've never met properly. Only his last name is known for me."

"Got it."

"Btw, your tea is ready."

"Thank you. Do you mind showing me where is the bathroom?"

"Sure."

Hope goes to the guest's bathroom and texts Isaac what she found out until now. Then, she opens the door and Roman was standing in front of it.

"Oh, Hope..." he says and then knocks her off "you really thought I wouldn't find your behavior suspicious?"

.......................

Okay guys, I know it's short, but I need to leave you in the dark for a bit. We don't have that much left, but thank you for your patience ❤️