[II] Interrogation of the ferret

After apparating at Grimmauld Place, Hermione was furious that Ron let Draco tag along. "I can explain—" Draco was cut short of his sentence as he was disarmed by Ginny and was dragged into the headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix.

Once inside, they heard a voice that sounded strangely familiar "Severus Snape?" The voice asked. No one knew what to respond, all of them were shocked and a bit terrified. Except Draco, who was so scared as he recognised the voice and hid behind Ron as if he was a human shield. The dusty, tall ghost figure of Dumbledore arose from the floorboards and rushed towards their direction.

All of them jumped back in fright and Draco whimpered "I only disarmed you! Snape killed you, not me!" On the word 'kill', the figure of Dumbledore exploded into dust. Neville was the first to react and said "Was that Mad Eye Moody? Hello, Professor?" "Homenum Revelio" Hermione casted. "What was that supposed to do?" Ron and Ginny said simultaneously. "It was a human presence revealing spell!" Said a red-faced Hermione. "Anyway, since Malfoy's here, which I don't know who brought him here." She glared at Ron. "I'll grab some veritaserum to interrogate him."

Draco, knowing that he had nothing to hide, accepted. Ron dripped three drops of veritaserum into a cup of tea, gave it to Draco and made sure he drank it. Hermione strode into the room, accompanied by Ginny and Neville, and sat down at the other side of the table.  Hermione started " Malfoy, I assume you are a spy of Voldemort and sent here to spy on us?"

Under the effect of the veritaserum, Draco had no choice but to tell the truth, he sort of anticipated this interrogation, so he said the truth loud and clear " I swear that I am not a spy of Voldemort, Hermione. Neville, Ron, Ginny, I'm sorry that I treated all of you very badly in the past due to my father's influence. I believe that I chose to aid you, there is a bounty on my head as well, along with yours."

"Wait," Neville said. " There's a bounty on our heads?"

"Of course, Longbottom. The Wizarding World and the Ministry are all under Voldemort's control now. He can just make up some blood traitor or, no offence Hermione, mudblood excuse with a large amount of galleons on our heads. A lot of people will start hunting us down."

Hermione was mildly impressed , with an asset like Draco, they could know at least a bit of inner workings of the Death Eaters. Still, she was not entirely convinced . " Why do you choose to help us, Malfoy?" Hermione asked.

"It's because i can't stand the destruction of our school and the unreasonable killing. The Death Eaters and Voldemort kill without reason, they do it for fun. I started to recognise the error of my ways and even tried to persuade my parents. Instead, they said i was a disappointment and a disgrace to the family name. So i had no other choice than to join you."

They were surprised that Draco's parents banished their only son and they pitied him. "Alright, Malfoy. Welcome to the Order of The Phoenix. But be keeping an eye on you." Hermione said "Alright, now Malfoy is on our side, we need to come up with a plan. A head front assault will be ridiculous, we will be all dead before we reached the entrance. I guess we have to send owls or Patronuses to Wizarding Worlds around the globe, and reassemble what's left of the Order." Ron said

"You're literally the smartest person in the room, you do it." Draco could have sworn that Hermione was blushing, but decided to not press the matter further.

  "One more thing." Draco added. "I want to bring Harry's body back."

Oof, another chapter down. I hope dear readers, that you enjoy reading so far.
-T