Competition day

On the competition day.

I've become extremely good friends with Kshitiz in the last two days. He got me several gifts, and I returned the favour. The last day of dancing practice is today.

Sophia shouts, "Yusha!" "Umm," I replied with a shake of my head.

Sophia responded, "Come here and practice." I took a step forward and took a position next to Kshitiz. Sophia remarked, "Music," and music was playing in the background. We start dancing.

"Outstanding," Sophia said, clapping her hands and flashing a pleasing smile. I could realise that a smile took over my and Kshitiz face as well.

"Now listen to me," Sophia said, as Kshitiz and I took a step closer to her. "You must report to our University's dress code room. You'll be able to meet other seniors and students. Kshitiz, you're aware of the place, correct? "Sophia asked, her gaze falling on Kshitiz. Kshitiz nods yes to Sophia with his head. "Seniors will be present to try on clothes for today's occasion on you two. Just make sure you both put on your nicest clothing, which should be colour coordinated because you're doing a pair dance "Sophia goes on.

"Sure, we'll pick the best outfit, but why are you telling us this? Right now, you'll be with us as well "Sophia, I replied. Sophia goes out of the room, taking a step away from us and saying, "I will not be there with you guys since I have to be someplace else at that time." Kshitiz and I exchanged puzzled stares.

"Where is she going?" I said to Kshitiz

He admitted to me, "I don't know either." "Forget it, let's leave," Kshitiz replied as I slipped my side bag up to my shoulders and began walking out of the room.

*******

As soon as we entered the room, I noticed Numa trying on clothing. "So, you've arrived!" When Sumona noticed us, she whispered something to us. We moved closer to Sumona since she was standing away from us. "Numa, are you finished with your dress selection?" Sumona said, shifting her gaze to Numa. Sumona gets a head nod from Numa. "All right, now step over her," Sumona said Numa. Numa approaches us with an outfit in her hand. Sumona said to me, "Yusha, go over there and pick out an outfit for yourself." "Come with me," I said softly to Kshitiz. He joins me on my walk. "Here, give it a shot!" Kshitis recommends me. I put the outfit on my chest and examined myself in the mirror."Nah, it's not nice at all," I replied, my face contorted in disapproval.

"Then try this," he says, handing me another dress and removing the one I was holding.

"It's lovely," I remarked again, moving my attention to Kshitiz, "but don't you think it'll present a problem in the dancing performance?"

Kshitiz nods his head. "How about this one," he replied, pointing to the outfit. I took the garment from his grip and said, "Wow, it's very lovely." The dress I was going to wear was red, and it had red fabric flowers on it.

"Done," I replied with a smile on my face, "I'm going to wear this to today's event."

He showed me a matching suite and remarked, "What do you think about this suite?"

"Nice," I commented. We both proceeded in the direction of Sumona. As we approached Sumona, she remarked, "So, you guys are done picking a dress for today's event." We exchanged a nod of the head. Numa said, "Show me your dress." Numa teased us by saying, "Lovely, University's pair is finally going to marry."

"Numa, don't," I murmured quietly, my index finger resting on my lips. "Can you tell me what you're talking about?" Kshitiz addressed Numa. Numa smiled and replied, "Nothing."

"The competition will begin at 8:00 p.m., so you must arrive at 7:00 p.m.," Sumona informed us. What was the point of getting up an hour earlier, I wondered to myself.

Kshitiz enquired, "And which place?"

"There is a room in the University's centre near the stage," Sumona remarked, checking her phone.

We agreed with a nod of the head.

*****************

For the competition, I was dressed in a red gown and waited for my time to have my makeup applied. "Yusha," says the cosmetics artist. Finally, I told myself, and I strolled up to the makeup artist and took a seat in front of her. "Indeed, you have a lovely face, which is why it didn't take much time to do cosmetics on your face," the lady stated after a few minutes. I returned the grin and moved over to Numa to sit alongside her. My nervousness grew as the clock's hour hand moved to the number eight.

"Yusha, take a deep breath," Numa said. my nervousness wasn't hidden from Numa