Chapter 15

Later that day Jess and I found our self at my cousin's office fighting with her to take Hopes case.

"She's guilty." Jeri told us for the hundredth time sense we got here.

"No, she's not." I told her again.

"She had a gun in her purse. It was premeditated. She aimed it at her parents and pulled the trigger repeatedly." She rehashed for us as if we weren't there.

"She wasn't in control." Jess reminded her.

"If you kill someone while driving drunk, your responsible." She told Jess as if it was the same thing.

"She was abducted." Jess told Jeri.

"Patty Hearst was abducted. And she still got convicted." She told us and our conversation was interrupted by a knock on the door.

Jeri's secretary walked in, and my blood started to boil. I really did not like this woman.

"Miss Hogarth, your wife's on line three." She told Jeri.

"I'll call her back." Jeri responded.

"Hope Shlottman is not responsible." Jess told her again.

"Because she was brainwashed." Jeri said.

"Brain washed; mind controlled whatever you can sell." Jess told her.

"There's nothing to tell." Jeri told her.

"What about the truth?" I asked my cousin.

"Pam, what? What is it?" Jeri asked her secretary who was still standing in the doorway.

"You have to talk to your wife." She told her again.

Jess walked towards the door.

"She's yelling. She's freaking out." Pam continued to tell Jeri.

Jess pushed her out of the room and shut the door in her face.

"Hey." Jeri said as she watched Jess push Pam out.

"Take the case." Jess told her.

"Why's Wendy yelling at your secretary?" I asked Jeri.

"Take Hopes case." Jess told her again.

"There a legal name for cases like hers." Jeri told us.

"There's precedent!" Jess yelled at her before Jeri could finish her sentence.

"They're called losers, and I don't represent losers. I'll let you know if any work comes in for you." Jeri told Jess.

"Lets go I know a lawyer who will represent losers." I told Jess as I knew Matt would help me with this if I asked.

"See relax." Jeri told Jess. "Get a massage. I have a great Filipino woman who will walk all over your back."

"Massages make me tense." Jess told her which I think was the weirdest thing Jess has said sense I met her, and we are talking about a guy who can control you.

"There's nothing you can do for this girl. And I would love if you didn't drag Luna into it." Jeri told Jess as if anyone could stop me from helping this girl.

"Oh, please like you care about my well-being." I snapped at Jeri.

"How can you even say that after all the shit you pulled in Hell's Kitchen!" She yelled at me before realizing what she said and then looked to Jess.

"She knows." I told Jeri.

"Of course, why would you not tell people your biggest secret?" Jeri asked me as she rolled her eyes.