𝙵𝙱: 𝙺𝚒𝚑𝚢𝚞𝚗 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝙿𝚝. 𝟸

🌊 Member(s): Kihyun, Changkyun, Hyungwon

🌊 Type: Fluff

🌊 Warnings: This is not meant to be romanticized

🌊  Short overview: Kihyun and {Y/N} go on a father daughter camping trip.

🌊 Request from S0S0SE0NGHWA

❚❙❘❙❚❙❘❙❙❚❙❘❙❚❙❘❙❙❚❙❘❙❚❙❘❙❙❚❙❘❙❚❙❘❙❚❙❘❙❙❚❙❘❙❚❙❘❙❙❚❙❘❙❚❚❙❘❙❚❙❘❙❙❚❙❘❙

"How are things going with the therapy sessions?" Changkyun asked Kihyun. They were currently seated at one of the many white tablecloth tables at Jooheon's wedding. {Y/N} was currently accompanying Kihyun's mother at the fondue machine.
"It's going pretty well." Kihyun shrugged.
"That didn't sound very convincing at all." Changkyun laughed.
"Well she's not resisting... it just feels like she's hiding a lot more than what she's telling, and her therapist keeps telling me that she's showing obvious signs of not telling the truth during sessions." Kihyun sighed, watching his mother and {Y/N} come back towards the table with a plate full of chocolate covered marshmallows. Kihyun's mother wouldn't hesitate to spoil the little girl, even if it meant a crazy sugar rush Kihyun would have to deal with later.
"Kihyun, what have you been feeding this girl?! She told me she's never had a marshmallow before!" Kihyun's mother said, helping {Y/N} sit in her seat and placing her plate in front of her.
Kihyun's eyes widened as he looked up at his mother, then down at {Y/N} who was looking eagerly at the plate of chocolate covered Marshmallows. Kihyun had been trying to keep a somewhat healthy diet in his house now that he was taking care of a growing child, but he didn't think he was THAT strict.
"Well? What do you think?" Kihyun asked, watching {Y/N} take a big bite of the marshmallow.
"It tastes like sugar... I like it!" {Y/N} said as her eyes and smile grew wider, Kihyun's laughter turned into a groan realizing that {Y/N} would be off the walls when they got home.
After Kihyun's mother left to go dance with {Y/N} on the dance floor, Hyungwon, who had been DJing most of the night and needed a quick break, and Changkyun had now seated themselves at Kihyun's table.
"I had this idea!" Changkyun said out of nowhere, which made Kihyun and Hyungwon turn towards him.
"What is it?" Kihyun asked.
"Well, What if we all went on a little camping trip with our kids?" Changkyun asked.
"That's not a bad idea..." Kihyun replied.
"No. You know I don't like the outdoors." Hyungwon said bluntly.
"C'mon!! I'm sure your daughter will like it, Hyungwon. Plus it'll be a good way to help the kids get to know {Y/N} better and she can make some friends." Changkyun said, almost pleading with Hyungwon, who looked over towards {Y/N} stuffing her face with a second plate of marshmallows, which Kihyun had to confiscate.
"Ugh okay fine, but don't expect me to chop wood or anything-" Hyungwon sighed, which made Changkyun and Kihyun cheer.
"Don't worry about firewood... I can do the chopping." Changkyun said, flexing his arm a bit.
"Please, save it for the forest." Hyungwon said, rolling his eyes.

Later that night, after dropping off his parents, Kihyun and {Y/N} made their way home in Kihyun's black Mercedes Benz.
"{Y/N}, do you want to go camping?" Kihyun asked.
"Now?!" {Y/N} asked loudly, still on her sugar high.
"No not now, silly. Later, maybe in a couple weeks?" He replied.
"Sure." She said. "I've never gone camping before." She said, getting excited in her car seat.

The next couple of weeks were spent planning the trip, multiple trips to the camping store were made and {Y/N} even got to pick out her own pink flashlight. Kihyun was extremely nervous that they might find themselves in a dangerous situation in the forest so he made sure to get all her safety gear in pink and easy to use. And before they knew it, it was the week of the trip.
{Y/N} slept most of the trip but in her waking hours she was very hyper, singing along to all the songs on the radio and dancing in her car seat.
"Let's stop to stretch our legs a little." Kihyun said after her 5th power ballad. He pulled up to the nearest rest stop and got out of the car, helping {Y/N} out as well.
"Are you excited to meet some other kids your age?" Kihyun asked.
{Y/N} shook her head no, clutching on to Kihyun's arm.
"Why not?" Kihyun asked, a bit surprised by her answer. But he knew she was a bit shy, and it might take her a while to adjust, she hadn't even really adjusted to Kihyun all the way yet.
She responded by shrugging shyly.
Kihyun could only smile at the little girl's cute nature before leading her back to the car for 5 more power ballads and a 1 hour nap on the way to the camp grounds.

🏕

Setting up the tent was hard, Hyungwon got a small burn while setting up the campfire, but everyone managed to have a good meal of hot dogs and s'mores.
The kids became acquainted fast. Hyungwon's daughter, Hyerin, put a plastic tiara on {Y/N}'s head, while Changkyun's son, Daniel, found a worm and began to chase them with it. Soon it was time for bed, Kihyun tucked in {Y/N} before heading to his own tent for the night.

🏕

The next morning, {Y/N} was very quiet, a bit quieter than usual. Kihyun could tell something was up.
"{Y/N} what's wrong?" Kihyun asked.
"I had a bad dream..." she replied, while shoveling pancakes in her mouth.
"Well, remember what Ms. Lisa said?" Kihyun asked, trying to get her to remember her coping skills the counselor taught her for when she was scared.
"Yes. I did that and then I felt better and went back to sleep." She said,
"Good job {Y/N}, I'm so proud of you." Kihyun replied. But {Y/N} stopped shoveling her pancakes and looked up at him, confused. "Really?" She asked.
"Yeah! Of course I am. Look how far you've come." He said.
"Thank you!" She replied, giving him a small hug before finishing her pancakes.

Soon it was time to go swimming. Everyone got their swimming clothes on and began walking towards the lake near the camping grounds.
"{Y/N}!" Hyungwon's daughter called out. She turned around, hearing her name.
"Kihyun isn't your real dad. Where did you come from?" She asked. Of course, being young and knowing Uncle Kihyun for a while, Hyungwon's daughter was confused where this random girl came from.
"Ya! Don't say such things!" Hyungwon snapped at his daughter. "Apologize!"
"Sorry {Y/N}..." She said before running towards Changkyun's son, who was already on the beach putting on his floaties.
Hyungwon noticed {Y/N}'s change in mood and crouched down to her level.
"Hey, don't let that bother you. You'll always be Kihyun's daughter." He said, patting her head. "Now let's go meet the others at the beach."
Once they got there, everyone was eager to do a cannonball of the big rock at the center of the lake.
"PAPA CATCH ME!!!" Changkyun's son said, jumping in. It wasn't too long after Hyungwon and his daughter did the same.
"{Y/N}! I'll catch you! I promise!" Kihyun tried persuading her to come off the rock but she was scared. Could she trust Kihyun to catch her? Or would he miss and she would fall into the deep murky waters? She looked up and saw Kihyun giving her a big comforting smile, reaching out to her.
"C'mon! I got you!" He said.
Soon, {Y/N} wasn't scared anymore. That was her dad, and she was his daughter. He would never let anything bad happen to her. So she jumped in, closing her eyes, and soon felt the strong arms of her father wrap around her. And she finally felt safe.

🏕
The End