i.

﹫. 219O WORDS⠀⠀⠀⠀ ≡
────────────────

 219O WORDS⠀⠀⠀⠀ ≡────────────────

────────────────

▬▬▬▬ MAYBE IT WAS a dream. Or perhaps, it was her desperate anticipation to get her hands on the money the man offered in front of that strange shop. She didn't know what it was, why she was here, and where exactly she was taken to.

All she knew was how much of a fool she had turned out, to be lured and kidnapped like this just for money.

Her eyes fell on her wrist where an unfamiliar sleeve went down above her hand. She looked at the jacket.

134.

The girl quickly turned her gaze up and watched as everyone else stirred awake from their beds. They looked like students in P.E class, all wearing the same colour but with different numbers. Even a preppy music was being played. Where are they? A kindergarten school?

She turned to her side to see a man staring with confusion pasted on his face, "Do you know where we are?" He asked.

She looked at his number - 133, and shook her head, "No."

"I don't think anyone does."

One by one, they got up and down from their beds, wherever they were placed. Each one in the room had numbers and it slightly made sense to her the moment she saw a huge monitor with the numbers 4, 5, and 6.

"Must be the number of people here," a woman mumbled and continued to walk forward to examine the place.

She closed her eyes to remember the last moments when she was aware of her whereabouts.

***

▬▬▬▬ "Do you wish to participate in the game?" The voice in the other line questioned. Her shaky hands gripped the stolen phone tight as she ran down the segregated streets of Myeongdong. The girl's sharp exhales answered a breathless 'yes'.

"If you wish to play, please state your full name and birthdate."

"Park Seon Mi," she stated and hid behind an alley she guessed no one would find. The loan sharks and creditors were chasing her, getting her to sign a contract she didn't even get the chance to read. "May 5, 1994."

And that was that. All she knew was that she followed the place and time given to her until she saw a van, asked where they were headed and lost consciousness after the smoke.

***

Her train of thoughts were interrupted as soon as she heard the sound of a skin striking another, "You bitch!"