iv.

⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀

﹫. ⠀THE⠀ BATHROOM ⠀≡
─────────────────

 ⠀THE⠀ BATHROOM  ⠀≡─────────────────

─────────────────
VIEW ⠀⠀⠀⠀ㅤ⠀⠀ㅤㅤ፧

▬▬▬▬ "WELL, AS EXPECTED," Seon Mi announced and looked at the space. "There's only one bed. No TV. No fridge. Just a stove and a bathroom."

"Whatever. I'll leave after I finish the food," Sae-byeok told her. She scratched her eyebrow and looked around at the almost empty room. The woman took her jacket off to reveal her shirt underneath.

"What?" Seon Mi asked in a faint exasperation. "How the fuck are we supposed to have a sleep-over with you out in the streets after the food?"

"This is childish. We're adults who recently got kidnapped and witnessed over 200 deaths. Doesn't any of that sync inside your head?" Sae-byeok asked as she jabbed her index finger to her forehead.

"That's why I wanted to do this so we can consult each other. Sleep-over is called a sleep-over for a reason." Seon Mi returned the gesture by pointing her finger to her chest.

"I don't care. Give me the meat. I can cook it myself."

"Have everything! Geez!" The long-haired girl yelled as the former 67 took the bag of goods, washed her hands, and prepared it with the seasonings in the kitchen.

Maybe the room wasn't that bad and rickety. Seon Mi smiled at the open curtain next to a huge bathtub. She walked over and got in while watching the peaceful night view, "I knew it was the right room."

***

▬▬▬▬ "HEY, I'VE BEEN calling your name for the past five minutes. The food is ready. We can start this sleep-over that you're talking about." Sae-byeok knocked on the door. Once she didn't hear a response, the woman opened it only to find Seon Mi in the bathtub, looking out the window, half-asleep.

"Hey, Dora! Did you hear me?" she asked.

"I heard you. The view's just distracting," Park answered and turned to her with a smile. "There's a table over there and I also brought the drinks here. We can have our dinner in the bathtub. I told you it's a nice hotel."

"The bathroom looks dirty."

"The bathtub isn't," Seon Mi said. "Aren't we too poor and mature to complain?" She added to mock the energy she's had of Sae-byeok.

The woman sighed in defeat and walked out of the bathroom only to come back with a plastic tray full of meat and two bowls of ramyeon noodles.