Prologue

The Dark Pyramid - Millenia Ago

Commander Leo had seen his master Mumm-Ra determined before but never like this. On the main deck the two of them looked on the main screen. Out there in the middle of space, another space station stood before them. Circular and tall, it was far more alien than anything the young Cat Commander had seen before. A fleet also protected it.

"Master is that-"

"Yes Leo" Mumm-Ra growled, eyes glowed red, "The fool who dares to challenge my magical might. However soon he will know the sheer little else's power of Mumm-Ra The Ever Living!"

Leo nodded in agreement. It was foolish of anyone who would dare challenge the might of Mumm-Ra The Ever Living. For he was far more ancient than anyone in the history of the universe. His powers in both technology, but also in magic were litmusless. The things the young lion had seen performed in this place would not be believed by the faint of heart. Especially after seeing what happened to the Garla Empire and Cybertronians, it would be intriguing to see another powerful benign dare to oppose his great master.

Mumm-Ra would suffer no rival, he would prevail and see himself be victorious by the end.

"My lord, we're getting a transmission from the ship" Leo said as he monitored communication.

Mumm-Ra eyes narrowed, "Show him to me"

Leo nodded

Activating communications, a figure emerged on screen. Pale white, with long plugs that almost served as a main, with four green glowing eyes looking right at them. This was the one who he and his followers had called, Horde Prime.

"So, this is self proclaimed evil Warlord who has been in my gaze for these past few weeks, I must say, you are not as impressive as your followers spoke of by your minions" His voice was soft yet there was menace to it, a far cry from Mumm-Ra's own booming commanding presence.

"And you are the kur of which I have been forced to deal with for these last few weeks, keeping my from my prize" he cackled, not showing anger, despite Leo knowing the truth, "Do you know who you dare challenge, I am-"

"Mumm-Ra, the so-called Ever Living. Yes, yes, I know what you are, and what your origin is". Horde Prime finished the sentence for him. Mumm-Ra seemed taken aback by the reveal, not even Leo knew much about there masters origin, "Believe me, dealing with you will be child's play, a shame too, so many of your kinds just can not bring yourself to understand my vision"

This Horde Prime had become a headache to Leo's master Mumm-Ra now for quite some time keeping them from their main objective. Finding power stones throughout the universe and collecting them in order to bring about a true and everlasting piece to the universe.

From what they had heard this Horde Prime also claimed this goal, however Mumm-Ra would suffer no rival. He would not allow anyone, no matter what their cause, to take the power that was rightfully his. After all true power was not given, but taken, and this Prime would not get in the way. Also from what they had heard, he had a strange philosophy, seeing himself as a liberator, and an enlightened benign. As if he was a god brought down from the heavens.

Blasphemy for one who served the Ancient Spirits.

"Yes, I am aware of your so called light," Mumm-Ra sneered for a moment but then burst out laughing, "Many a world I have found, have the fires still burning, along with what I hear are you own feelings about free will"

Horde Prime raised a eye brow, "Do you have a issues of how I sometimes must discipline my children"

"Not that I mind" Mumm-Ra held out a hand, "I have my reservations on the matter. But so long as you continue to live you are a rival to my terrible power! I will stop at nothing to rid myself of you, so that I may continue my mission of ultimate power!"

Horde Prime smirked, "Ah, I see, it's a shame, I heard wondrous things about your mind, I was hoping I would find an equal. I suppose you will not know the glories of my light dark one, but I suppose the light must extinguish the darkness. I will give you an hour to ready your forces, in fact, I offer them a chance to surrender and escape, those who don't do well. They will not escape my judgment."

With those last ominous words Horde Prime cut the transmission.

Mumm-Ra scowled for a moment, "We shall see" he turned to Leo, "Prepare the animals for war Commander, he shall know the power of Mumm-Ra!"

"Yes my lord" Leo bowed as he headed to make preparations.

"I look forward to facing off against one of his clones, they would make an interesting specimen to army, maybe even open many unique, fusion opportunities"

With a bow he left the main deck leaving his master to plan his assault upon this Horde Prime.

The Young Lion Leo pushed back a bit of his red main as he walked down the metal halls of Mumm-Ra's warship known as the Dark Pyramid. Checking to make sure that everything was in order. His lord and master demanded absolute perfection and nothing else.

All seemed well on the ship.

"DARN IT!"

Leo heard something and rushed to see, it was coming from some of the pods bay within the Pyramid. Rushing to see if there was a problem or worse, treachery, he stopped when he saw something he never thought he would see.

His fellow cats, his fellow Thunderians entering the pods.

Some notice him but one of them quickly rushed to him arms up as if he to stop him, "Sorry commander Leo but we can't allow you to stop us"

"What are you doing?" Leo asked, not angrily but with concern.

"We are leaving this place, us cats can no longer serve this creature'

Leo was taken aback, "Mumm-Ra is our master, we can't just abounded him"

"Well we are, you and some of the other cats might enjoy the privileges he gives us but not us, we have found a planet in the archives, some place called Etheria, we plan to go there and begin a new, away from all this. Mumm-Ra's latest war against another insane tyrant is only going to get more cats killed. We're done serving anyone, and done darkening our souls".

Leo wanted to argue, he wanted to attack, he couldn't let this treason be unrecognized. He also wanted to not do anything at all. In terms of the hierarchy of things, Thunderians or Cats as Mumm-Ra and the others called them were the most elite of his dark one's forces. They were his most loyal, his most obedient, but also his most cunnings. With the cats aid the mighty ever living one was bringing order to the universe, in the name of the Ancient Spirits. So why on the Dark Pyramid would the most loyal the most fierce and the most presteem servants of Mumm-Ra wish to leave and become exiles.

Become nothing.

Despite the treason though Leo knew what their fates might be should they be discovered. Death would have been a simple punishment compared to what Lord Mumm-Ra would inflict upon them. Plus the lord had his mind busy with this enemy, this Horde Prime character at the moment, he would not take notice of such a thing.

"Go" Leo said, his voice firm but sad, "But should Lord Mumm-Ra find out, I will not hesitate to obey him"

"You can come with us" A fellow Cat replied, "Save your soul while you still can"

Leo thought about it for a moment but shook his head, "No, my place is here now go, hurry"

"Very well" The cat said walking off, "I can only hope the day of Cats inflicting and enabling oppression will come to a end"

His fellow cat frowned but nodded as he and the others began to head off into the small ship and fly off, it appeared they may have sabotaged the Dark Pyramids scanning mechanism for no alarm went off when they escaped. Leo just watched now as they headed off to a nearby star. One that Lord Mumm-Ra did not seem to take interest in at the moment.

Though he did wonder what that planet would be like, that planet called Etheria.