Feelings Fall With The Leaves

When the lights below became brighter and started looking like the stars above I knew I was almost there, not even my fear of heights could stop me from getting joyful and giddy. I let my fingers run through my hair and let a cheesy smile overtake my face. 

"Thank you for using SMP Skylines. Everyone buckle your seats and get ready for landing. You are now in the United Kingdom, London" I clear voice overhead announced and my patience started shrinking as there were only minutes left. I am now closer than I have ever been.

I buckled my seat belt and closed my eyes, tapping on my thighs thinking about the look on his face when he seeing me just outside his house. I always wanted to do something big for George because, well he deserved it, he has put up with me for years and the fact that he doesn't even know I am in his home city to surprise him for his birthday leaves me ecstatic. 

When the plane landed everyone clapped and got ready to leave the stuffy plane in which I sat in a bit longer to get grounded in my thoughts. I have been waiting to see George for so long. Sure I have seen him over the computer screen or face time calls but I want to see his perfectly white smile and gorgeous coco coloured eyes in person and for real. I want to know him, for real.

I want to meet him, and actually meet him. I want to see if our height difference is the same as we would talk about, or how he would act in person and if it was different than online conversations. I finally wanted to say 'hey, I finally met my best friend of years' and not just have the meeting be an online thing.

I looked out the window at the early morning British sky and the new surroundings around me and finally, I am here. In the same country without an ocean between us and six thousand and some miles. Only some.

When the walkways clear a bit I finally get up from the stiff position of air travel and grab my carry on from the overhead bin and stuff my laptop in that kept me busy during the flight before exiting the plane. 

I have travelled in many before but travelling by my self was surreal but calming from not having to worry about others. It was also calming knowing that the place I was headed wasn't just a vacation or a trip, but a day that can't be redone. A day that meant anything could happen and change. For the better or worse

The luggage claim wasn't too far from the tunnel gate and I headed my way happy about not getting noticed so far and hoping to keep it that way. 

I have known George for 7 years of my life, we met on minecraft, silly I know. Who meets people through minecraft? I guess I do, that is where I met the most important people in my life today and within those 8 years of doing so, no one still has seen my face. This is about to change.

I also make a living off of minecraft with my friends and that sounds even more bizarre but I would never want it any other way. As long as I have them, I would do anything.

When I spot my luggage wrap around the corner I quickly grab them and call a cab. I start to think about it and, this situation is crazy. A lot about my life is but who can't live life without a little of crazy,? I just have lived on it that I know thrive on it. 

I shrug into my sweater now realising the cold weather and walk to the cab. The cab's person was nice and I told the address I was heading too. The day still vivid in my mind. 

"Dream okay I have narrowed it down to three but I can't choose." George wined though the headset. "Help me please." 

As he sent me the photos I audibly laughed at them as they were so different. One was a stand alone standard house with three rooms and one bath, very modern and looked like it has only been lived in so shortly. The other was part of a side-by-side complex that had two bedrooms but very cozy and homelike, and the last one was rustic and almost royalty looking which didn't match George one bit although the architecture was amazing.