Chapter 4

(Shadow's POV)

I wake up in the middle of the afternoon after a meditation session. I've been doing these for a while now to help with my anxiety. But, i've also been noticing that I'm starting to enjoy tail's company. I've been hanging out with him for the past few days and it's been quite nice. I decide to visit him cause i dont have much to do today. But, he wasn't in the house. I saw a note on the fridge.

"Hey shad, went to saturday classes with cream and amy. I should be back in a few hrs, there's food in the fridge and you can watch tv on the couch if u want to. -Tails"

I guess he knew I was coming over. I grab some water and lay on the couch and watch tv. I wait for tails to come home. Hours later, he comes home. I greet him and he does the same back. He goes to shower and change into comfy clothes. I sit up and give him space to sit next to me.

Tails: were u ok on your own?
Shadow: yea i was, no attacks came.
Tails: oh good

I started feeling weird. Like, butterflies in my stomach and heartbeat was speeding up a bit. I look away for a bit. Why am I feeling this? I go back home to collect my thoughts. I needed to be alone after all. I think i remember learning about this but, it can't be. Not this early,i needed more time.

With my thoughts going crazy, I went to this park with cherry blossom trees to calm myself down before I get another attack. It's quite, peaceful, flower petals falling, sunlight peaking through the trees. I sit on a bench and just soak in all the calmness surrounding me. It's so nice. I then feel my thoughts finally start to relax. I try to meditate and the warm ness hugs my soul.

I return home and see tails there.
Shad:Hey tails you ok? Normally you would be at your house?
Tails: yeah I'm ok, just wanted to hang with ya for a bit. Shadow: cool
I don't mind company but as long as they don't trigger my anxiety, I'm cool with it. Although, someone did trigger it one time. But that's a story for another day.