Year 5**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚Chapter 23˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

তততততততততততত

তততততততততততত

"I'll bet you two wish you hadn't given up Divination now, don't you, 'Thena? Hermione?" asked Parvati, smirking. 

It was breakfast time, two days after the sacking of Professor Trelawney, and Parvati was curling her eyelashes around her wand and examining the effect in the back of her spoon. They were to have their first lesson with Firenze that morning.

"Not really," said Hermione indifferently, who was reading the Daily Prophet. "I've never really liked horses." 

She turned a page of the newspaper and scanned its columns.

"He's not a horse, he's a centaur!" said Lavender, sounding shocked. 

"A gorgeous centaur..." sighed Parvati. 

"Pav, Lav, I'm sorry but," Athena began as Lavander finished doing Athena's eyebrows. "I kind of prefer men with a human lower part, if you know what I mean... Besides just imagining how it would be to have sex with a horse."

Lavander's and Parvati's eyes widened, their mouths hanging slightly open, as their faces turned red.

"That's not —"

 "We didn't —"

Athena laughed. "He's got four legs, doesn't he?" 

Hermione cleared her throat, obviously trying to change the subject "I thought you two were all upset that Trelawney had gone?" she said to Parvati and Lavander.

"We are!" Lavender assured her. "We went up to her office to see her; we took her some daffodils — not the honking ones that Sprout's got, nice ones."

 "How is she?" asked Harry.

"Not very good, poor thing," said Lavender sympathetically. "She was crying and saying she'd rather leave the castle forever than stay here where Umbridge is, and I don't blame her, Umbridge was horrible to her, wasn't she?"

"I've got a feeling Umbridge has only just started being horrible," said Hermione darkly. 

"Impossible," said Ron, who was tucking into a large plate of eggs and bacon. "She can't get any worse than she's been already." 

"I've always said that nothing's impossible, just very hard," Athena said. "But I don't think it'll be that hard for that old gargoyle to reveal her true demonic form. You mark my words, she's going to want revenge on Dumbledore for appointing a new teacher without consulting her. Especially another part-human. You saw the look on her face when she saw Firenze."   

After breakfast Hermione and Athena departed for her Arithmancy class as Harry and Ron followed Parvati and Lavender into the Entrance Hall, heading for Divination. 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

As the teachers and Hermione persisted in reminding them, the OWLs were drawing ever nearer. All the fifth-years were suffering from stress to some degree, but Hannah Abbott became the first to receive a Calming Draught from Madam Pomfrey after she burst into tears during Herbology and sobbed that she was too stupid to take exams and wanted to leave school now.