Chapter 6

It's Monday and I told Mason the news about Josh. At first he was confused but then he began to accept my decision.

"Why do you think we need his help" he asked with a partial mad tone in his voice.

His jaw tensed and I could tell he thought I was saying he needed help.

I looked him in the eyes and said, "look, I don't think we need help or anything. It's just that during the game if we a concentrating on positions we could get distracted. He will only be there to keep an eye on things."

"Fine, but if he does anything wrong he's out" his jaw began to tense.

"You can count on Josh" I said with a huge smile.

++++

Monday went by quick I had a few lessons with Josh but not much was said, and I had one class with Mason although we didn't sit next to each other for some reason he sat with one of those fake blondes that was all over him. I thought he wasn't one of those guys. Oh well a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do.

We have to write an english speech on a social issue that is displayed in our school, and frankly I was having a brain fart. I couldn't think of what to do.

I was searching the web, trying to find something with a lot of information and frankly whether or not I would enjoy writing about the topic.

"Lilly I need to talk to you" my dad called out.

That's strange he was in his office when I got home, and usually he doesn't come out until he is about to pass out from exhaustion. Oh no, what if he found out about the B- that I got in my english comprehension because the teacher didn't give us enough time to finish. Crap.

I slowly left my room stalking down the hallway, I was freaking out usually when my dad wanted to talk to me it was never good.

I came around the corner into the living room and my dad was sitting on the couch motionless, crap.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked mentally praying I wasn't in trouble.

"I got a phone call from school today" his monotone voice didn't help the fact that I was freaking out.

"And"

"And they said that they forgot to tell you at school today, but you have soccer practice in the morning tomorrow"

"That's great so glad I didn't miss it"

My dad cleared his throat, that's when I realised where I had gone wrong. Crap.

"So glad you didn't miss soccer" my dad raised an eyebrow questioning what I had said.

"Well about that, I...."

"How dare you join a soccer team without my permission first! I trusted you Lilly is this what you do with trust?!" He kept yelling for ages it was ridiculous but I did feel kind of bad about not telling him.

"I'm s-sorry" I just looked at my feet wanting to run away.

"You will quit this instant!"

"No I won't!"

"Excuse me?"

"I only just got the chance to play soccer again I'm not throwing that chance away because you think soccer is a waste of my time. Hell no, I'm going to do what I want to do for a change!" I was breathless, everything just came out at once.

I turned away from my father running into my room. As quickly as I could I took out a small suitcase and stuffed in some clothes, food and anything else I needed to last a few days.