Chapter 3

It's now Friday and since my dad's response to my question on Tuesday he has been ignoring me. He refuses to leave his office and frankly I don't want him to.

Why should I have to give up on my dream when he is still mourning over my mothers death when there was nothing that we could have done to stop it.

Anyway I just hope that he will realise how much soccer means to me, speaking off soccer it is 3 in the morning and I'm watching a recorded school league match.

It's just a bunch of guys playing, and being idiots while doing so. I was so focused on the game I didn't hear my grandpa come in.

"You should go to sleep and watch this in the afternoon" he said in his croaky voice.

I turned my head to look at him his hair was grey and he didn't have much left, his back hunched, but he never failed to cheer you up he always had the biggest smile.

"I have already waited 2 hours I have to watch it" I put my palms together like I was praying.

He looked at me sternly but still with a smile on his face as he said, "Lilly Grace Jones, you listen to me I know what's better for you and right now that's sleep."

I paused my recording and got up from the couch as I sulked while walking back to my room.

++++

My alarm woke me up at 6, this was mainly because I had decided that my dad's time to give me an answer was up and I was going to change things once and for all.

I got up quicker than usual, getting ready as fast as my body could take me.

I brushed my hair letting it hang out, I then looked through my closet looking for something to wear. I decied to go with a pair of white shorts with a dressy shirt and a cartigan thrown over the top.

When I left my room I checked to see if my father was still in his office, he was.

I ignored him getting myself some vanilla yoghurt and adding some berries to it as well. I got my silver coffee mug and filled it with warm coffee.

I checked my bag to make sure I had homework and made my way to school, today was going to be different I am finally going to make a decission for myself and no one else.

++++

When I got to school I met up with Josh then put all my work into my locker. I started asking around to see if anyone had seen Mason, but I was just greeted with confused stares.

After some time I found Amber, I made my way over to her and started my interogation.

"Amber sorry to bother you, but on Monday a boy named Mason said that he was told by someone that I may be interested in playing on the new soccer team" when i finished my questions her eyes immediately became bigger.

"Please don't kill me," she paused looking into my eyes, "I just thought that you would really want this opportunity and all the girls in the class think you do to, I don't know why you gave up soccer but you should do something for yourself."

Finally someone who thought the same way i did, why can't my father be more like Amber.

"It's ok I will spare you today, but there is one favour I want to ask of you."

"And that is."

"Do you know where I can find Mason" she jumped with joy.

"Try going to the sport locker area I heard some rumours that there had been a cute new guy hanging around there" she winked at me.

I rolled my eyes before waving and heading on my way.

I searched everywhere for him, but no luck. I felt a sigh come over me.

"Why am I the one who never gets anything" I said out loud to myself.

"Haven't I already told you that talking to yourself is the first sign of insanity" I swung my head around, Mason was leaning up against one of the lockers.

I scanned the room to see if we where alone. I then looked back at him. He smirked at me and I smiled back at him.

"What can I do for you" he asked leaning closer to me.

I slightly move away from him before saying, "actually, yes, I was wondering about the new soccer team."

"So does that mean your interested" his smirk grew.

"You could say that."

"So can I count that as a yes."

"You may, but on one condition."

"And that is" he tilted his head curious of what my condition may be.

"You have to make sure that my father doesn't hear about anything involving soccer."

"Why's that."

"It's complicated, so please just do this one thing" I pleaded.

"I don't know."

"Please I can tell my dad but for now you will just have to except complicated."

"Fine, I will listen to you, oh and you will have to wake up early to get to training so make sure you have an excuse."

"Thank you so much" I said waving good bye.

I did it, I finally did it. I have taken my life into my own hands and I can finally play soccer again.

+++++++++++++++++

Thank you for reading I hope you enjoyed.

Please like the story and continue reading.

Are you enjoying or not I would love to hear your opinions.