Chapter 9

Obviously I knew something was wrong but I wasn't being told anything I actually hadn't left my bed in days and they have literally been putting me in nappies, which means I'm not allowed to use an actual toilet.

I think it's been around 5 days now and I've missed heaps of school already so I'm in panic mode because of that and not to mention the fact that the doctors aren't telling me what's wrong.

A nurse came into my room today telling me a doctor will be with me later today and as of yet, no doctor.

++++

A doctor finally came in, I'm not sure what the time was but it was later in the day, I thought he would be just checking up on me but he sat down next to me on a chair. He pulled out I little note pad from one of his massive pockets.

"Ok, how are you feeling Lilly" the doctor asked still looking through his little notepad.

"Fine, but I would be better if I knew why I was still in here" I reply just wanting an answer as to what's happening in this stupid hospital.

"Well when you first came in you had an obvious concussion but one of the nurses noticed your ankle was abnormally enlarged so we had a look into it, you seem to have slight ligament damage through your ankle but it is of no real concern currently, but we would like you to keep away from anything that would overstrain your ankle which means no soccer for a few weeks" he looks at me to answer.

"Ok, I guess if it's for a few weeks" I say looking down at the bed sheets on top of my legs.

"So after two and a half weeks you will have to visit use again just to make sure everything is ok" he hands me a slip with some gibberish written on it in his terrible hand writing.

Well I would rather stay of my ankle for a few weeks and let my ligaments heal than ruining them so what can be so bad as a few weeks off my ankle.

++++

They discharged me that day with the information about my ankle I had to avoid anything active. YAY.

Mason had told me that I could coach some of the soccer teams training sessions seeing as I couldn't participate in them. So after a few hours of research I came up with a few plans for the next two weeks without soccer.

It was probably the only time I enjoyed writing something on my computer because it involved soccer, on the other hand I also had to catch up on all my assignments and tests I had 'missed out' on while I was in the hospital. That took up pretty much all of my weekend, isn't school just a blessing of life.

++++

Going back to school wasn't that great, dad got a call from the hospital saying that I should wrap my ankle at school just to be safe, and so I now have a wrapped ankle.

The one thing that sucks about being a cripple is people treat you differently like when they accidentally bump into it goes a little like this.

"OMG I'm so sorry are you ok, did you hurt your ankle again? Do you need to go to the infirmary? I'm really so sorry"

It's so infuriating that I almost hit a girl for doing it, but I didn't, because Mason stopped me.

Speaking of Mason he took me to training with him today, it was sprinkling slightly so the field was a tad damp, my favourite time to play soccer. Mud to slip in getting dirty sly tackling everyone and everything that comes past you. Sigh.