Ch.10 Games

-Your pov

"Sorry I'm late. Had to pick up Nolan." She giggled as they sat down. I    I was speechless. I know Alyssa liked him. She tended to switch crushes a lot, but Nolan actually liking her too? It didn't add up. Is it just because I can't stand Nolan? I looked at Jade and Alex to see their tense faces. Alex looked like he was ready to tackle Nolan. Jade seemed more upset at Alyssa for bringing the jerk.

"Um  Alyssa, I was hoping that this evening would be just the four of us. I have to leave tomorrow morning and-" Jade said before Alex got up and went to the bathroom. Jade gave Alyssa a slight glare before signaling her to follow as she stood up. I watched as they walked away to check on Alex. I wanted to go with, but I don't think I'll have another opportunity to confront Nolan about his unexpected and unwanted appearance.

"I know you can't stand Alyssa. She crushes over you so much it drives everyone crazy. So what the hell are you doing here with us?" I said. Nolan is using my friend for something. I'm sure of it. The arrogant smile on his face made me want to smack his lips off. Either that or be his dentist.

"What   you jealous or something?" He commented.  I wanted more than anything to just wrap my hands around his neck.

"I'm not playing your game jackass." I said through gritted teeth before taking a sip from my drink. I refused to look at him. Not even when he laughed. He then leaned in just close enough for me to see him in the corner of my eye.

"You have been this whole time Y/n. The moment you agreed to do the Scarlet dive, you've been playing my game. You just don't know it yet." He whispered before quickly retreating as Jade and Alyssa returned.

"Alex is fine. He just feels nauseous, so he was going to head home as soon as he feels better." Jade said before looking at me. I knew she was lying about it. Alex just wanted to get away from Nolan to avoid making a scene.

"Well, it can just be the four of us then." Alyssa commented as she picked up a menu. I felt awkward and tense. I don't know what game Nolan is playing, but I don't want any part of it. I did my best to ignore him and enjoy Jade's company before she leaves. Alyssa seemed distracted by Nolan during most of the time. There was a tense silence for a moment so I took out my phone to check the time. The screen turned black again.

"Your phone can cut the tension it's so thick." The red letters spelled out before turning back to my Lock Screen. I rolled my eyes as I put my phone away and paid for my dinner.

"Alyssa, do you want to walk to the grove with us?" Jade asked as we stepped outside. We already knew her answer, but I could tell Jade hoped that our assumption was wrong. Alyssa held Nolan's hand and smiled.

"I was going to go home with Nolan." She replied while blushing. Jade painted a smile on her face and hugged her.

"I'm gonna miss you Alyssa. I'll come back and see you and Y/n when I can." She said before Alyssa got in the car with Nolan. She sighed and walked down the empty street with me. She didn't say a word. She texted for a moment and put her phone back in her pocket. Whoever Jade texted sent a reply, but she didn't read it. We found the nearest bench by the grove and sat down. I looked over at her when she started sniffling a little.

"I was hoping that it would be the four of us. One more good memory of us before I leave. One more reason why I'll miss you guys and give me determination to come back and see you all as soon as I can." She whispered. I wrapped an arm around her and looked to see Alex running up to us. He looked around before turning his focus back to us.

"Where's Alyssa?" He asked. I sighed a little as Jade let tears fall.

"She left with Nolan." I said as Jade calmed down.

"I sorry to hear that. Are you two going to be ok?" He asked. Jade nodded her head and we stood up while I turned my ringer back on.

"I'll visit you guys as often as I can. It'll be a while, but I'm coming back first chance I get." She commented as we wandered through the grove. Alex looked at his phone and chuckled.

"You're going to have a good first week over there. Hot and humid." He commented making Jade laugh.

"Perfect welcome for me. I can't think of any other way." She replied sarcastically. I smiled a little seeing her spirits lighten up. But a strange feeling hit my mind. There was a glitching red light in the corner of my eye. I knew it was him and tried to not look. I gave in eventually and looked over. Despite how dark it was, I could see a shadow moving away from us. I heard static, sharp bling from my phone making me pause mid step. The strange tune made Alex and Jade stop as well while I took my phone out.

"Is there something wrong with your phone?" Jade asked while I looked at the blank screen, waiting for the glitchy letters.

"Go to the  game tonight.     11." It said. I sighed and put my phone away.

"My phone has just been a little glitchy. Probably time for a new one soon." I explained before Jade checked the time.

"I should head back home. Need to leave at five." She said as we reached the end of the grove. She gave us one more hug and said goodbye while wiping away tears. Alex made his way back home leaving me walking on the sidewalk with my thoughts. I assume that the boy wants to discuss our office encounter from earlier. I didn't say anything when I got home. My computer was in a sleep mode so it didn't take too long for it to warm up. I signed in and waited. Time felt like it was slowing down as I played and chatted with a few other classmates. My nerves spiked a little when the game started glitching. It was suttle at first with just a few messed up objects and colors of characters. Then the music was nothing but static and the whole screen was glitching. 

BenD sent you a message. Was the only thing I could see on the screen. I examined the computer before my heart jumped and I went flying off the chair. My screen was bleeding and the same glitching eyes stared back at me.