2.

One month later - Chandigarh

"Are you ready? You know we're going for Simran & Buzzo's wedding, not ours," Tejo said.

Two minutes later, Aarav stepped out with Sia in his arms with a smirk on his face.
"Our wedding, huh?" He teased Tejo. That's when realization dawned upon her.
She blushed and rolled her eyes. "Stop teasing me. Is everything packed in the car?"

"Yes, everything is packed and we're ready to go," he replied.
"Sia, all ready to meet Nanu and Maasi?" Tejo enquired.
"Yes, Mumma! I'm super excited," Sia yelled.

Looking at an overjoyed Sia, Tejo was happy but inside she was dreading the confrontations that she may face once she shows up at the functions. Sensing Tejo's vulnerability, Aarav took hold of her hands assuringly.

"Alright girls, ready for a long drive and an awesome weekend with me?" Aarav said to lighten up the mood.
"Yes Dada!!" shouted an enthusiastic Sia and Tejo just nodded and walked hand in hand to the car with Aarav with Sia leading the way.

Things have now been going smoothly between Aarav and Tejo. She's been accepting his advances and been making efforts from her side. She has known this for a while but past experiences have made her a little hesitant when it comes to relationships but seeing Sia warming up to Aarav and wholeheartedly calling him 'dada' has made her feel that he was the right one for Sia and herself. He brightened up both of their days like diyas on a dark night. He was special and was meant to be treated as such. Therefore, this weekend she was going to introduce him to her family as her 'special one' unknown to him. The thoughts of it alone had her blushing and erupting butterflies in her stomach but she was also dreading their reactions.

• • • • • • •

Two hours later-Moga.

The trio stepped out of the car only to be attacked by the bride's little sister, the one and only Mahi Virk.

"Maassiii!!!" shouted Sia.
"Monkey," replied an equally excited Mahi.
Sia pouted as her Maasi called her monkey, as it was the nickname Mahi gave her as she's always overly hyper.
"Okay, okay stop pouting. You know you love when I call you that," Mahi said to Sia as she picked her up in her arms and squeezed her cheeks. "By the way, why are you all so late? You were supposed to come yesterday, na?"

"Yes, we were but I was busy with some work and I couldn't leave. I have informed Papa and told him we'll be here for the Sangeet as we've missed the Haldi. Also Aarav had an important meeting as well and you know Sia, she'll throw tantrums," Tejo answered.

"Ohh, so Aarav was the reason," Mahi said as she wiggled her eyebrows.
Tejo patted Mahi's shoulder as she said, "aren't we late now? Let's go inside." Aarav, Mahi and Sia chuckled at Tejo whilst the former two knew the reasons, Sia just laughed because her Dada and Maasi were.

• • • • • • •

The sangeet function was about to begin when Tejo and Aarav with Sia in his arms. The trio were wearing matching clothes; anyone who saw them would mistake them to be married with Sia being their child.

Khushbeer Virk saw them entering and approached them. The Sandhus were present alongside the Virks. They were to see Tejo there. They have assumed she wouldn't show up since she hasn't been in contact with them for years.

"Papa," Tejo said as she gave Khushbeer a hug.
"Tejo, I was worried you changed your mind and didn't want to come," Khushbeer said.
"Oh come on. You know if you called and told me to come, I'll be here in a jiffy," she replied to him.