Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Magnus was angry at him after how he behaved that day. But after Asmodeus talked to him, he felt he should give Alec some time. He should wait till he overcomes his fear and accepts his feelings. Magnus had decided to act normal around Alec but he didn't know that he would get sick.

But now he is lying sick in his bed and Alec is taking care of him. Seems like everything is happening exactly opposite to what he had expected. He wanted to give Alec space. He had even decided to talk to Alec only when required but now they are in the same room.

He knows Alec has feelings for him which are too strong to deny because the way he took care of him during fever is something a loved one can only do. Magnus was smiling and blushing as Alec was having a hard time deciding which food to give first.

Finally Alec came with porridge rice in a plate and salad. His mother had cooked healthy vegetable soup so he brought that in a glass. Alec said "Eat this first. It's most healthy." Magnus said "You?" Alec said "I will have afterwards." Magnus said "I am not going to eat alone. Bring another plate." Alec said "Ugh. Ok." Then Alec brought his food different from Magnus' and started eating.

Magnus asked, "Does Clary know?" Alec said "No. Jace and Izzy had already left so I couldn't tell them. I will call her." Magnus said "No don't." Alec asked "Why?" Magnus said "She will tell Jocelyn and Luke. I don't want to trouble them. They have taken care of me for so many years. I am big enough to take care of myself."

Alec said "So what? If it was them then you would have done the same thing right? Also you never trouble your loved ones. We take care of people we love." Magnus said "But then she will tell my dad. I don't want him to know. He just went yesterday morning. He can't keep on coming here for me." 

Alec understood his concern. He said "Ok. Don't worry. We all are here for you." Magnus said "Thanks to you too. You didn't have to come today. Raphael is just exaggerating. I can take care of myself. You shouldn't miss college because of me." Alec said "I don't have anything important today. My submissions are over. Don't say you are fine. I saw you today."

Magnus said "But now my fever is going down. I'll be fine." Alec questioned "Do you want me to leave?" Magnus said "Uhm. I mean I don't want you to stay against your will. I know Raphael must have pressured you. But now I am fine so you don't have to stay , that's what I meant."

Alec said "I am not here because Raphael pressured me. I am here because I want to. If i had known earlier that you are sick then i would have come fast. But you didn't receive my text or call. I thought you were angry so you were not responding. But when Raphael told me today, I came as fast as I could. I am here on my own will. Yeah but if you want me to go then I will."

Magnus said "No Alexander. I didn't mean that. I didn't respond to you because I was sick. And regarding that day." Alec said "Don't. Now is not the time to talk about it." Magnus said "Why? We are alone so we can talk." Alec said "We will but first you become fine. I don't want to make you more sick."

Magnus laughed. Alec said "Why are you laughing? You only said that when the mind is stressed the body becomes sick so that's what happened to you right. So i want you to be totally fine then we'll talk about it. And don't worry we will go to some place where we are alone and then we'll talk.

Magnus was amazed by Alec's reply. The guy who rejected him a day ago is now talking about going somewhere alone to talk. There was definitely something in his mind. Then he said "The food is delicious. Tell you mom I said thanks." Alec said "ok." After Magnus was done. Alec gave him medicines. Then Magnus went to sleep.

In the evening Cat arrived. She was shocked to see Alec. She asked "Is everything ok?" Alec said "Yeah. His fever is down. He is getting better." Magnus was smiling. Cat said "Then it's great." Magnus said "I will handle myself tonight. You both can go home." 

Cat said "I will cook something for you." Magnus said "Ok." Then Alec wished him goodnight and went. Cat said "Everything seems fine." Magnus said "It is perfect. He was different today." While Cat was cooking, Magnus told her everything that happened today.