Chapter 1: Past Demons

So this has been a story I have been tinkering with recently. Will post updates to my other stories soon :D

Rated M due to later chapters and strong themes (maybe language and smut?).

Chapter 1: Past Demons

Images flashed in her mind.

A boy's cry.

Gunfire.

Tears.

Elsa woke up in a complete sweat, panting hard. The nightmares...they were only just getting worse. It may have been three years since it all happened but they wouldn't go away. Clutching her head, she let out a groan, her head was killing her. She may have overdone it the previous night but then again, what else was new? What was the time? She forced her blurred vision to sharpen as she tried to focus in on her alarm clock. The numbers slowly came into focus. It read a quarter past six in the morning. Well, she got approximately seven more minutes than last night. So, that was a bonus.

Groaning again, she forced herself to get up out of bed. Kicking empty bottles out of her way, she walked towards her bathroom. Gripping the sink, she forced herself to look in the mirror. God, she looked awful. She wished she could throw up; the nausea was hitting her bad today but she forced herself to breathe deeply and look back into the mirror. Suddenly, it wasn't her reflection she was looking at. Another's was in her place; a boy, no older than eight was staring back at her.

Shrieking loud, she threw her fist at it in her desperation to defend herself from the nightmare. When she looked back, her own reflection was staring back looking scared and sombre. The mirror had a rather large crack in it now and her knuckles had glass embedded in the wounds. Blood was pouring out of them, dripping onto the sink and onto the floor. Sighing, Elsa tidied up the mess she had created. Seven years of bad luck for breaking the mirror but she had been cursed already three years ago.

Finally managing to sort herself out, she zipped up her jacket and headed out the door an hour later. A bandage was wrapped around her left knuckles. It hadn't been the only injury she had sustained due to this and she doubted it would be the last. A book was grasped in her non-injured hand. Where she was going, she wouldn't say no to a little light reading. As she walked along, she spotted a familiar figure only ten or so paces behind her. What was he doing here? As if she didn't already know...

Riding the subway, she could see him halfway down the compartment, pretending to read a newspaper as she gripped the railing on the roof. Her compartment might be packed but she could still see him and she knew he could see her. Even though it appeared that he was reading the latest headlines, she could sense one eye on her. Oh god, how she wished he would leave her alone. How she wished they all would leave her alone.

Getting off at her stop, she made her way back to the surface – her old friend still trailing just out of sight behind her. He was persistent, she would give him that. Walking towards an open field, she found a nice bench and sat down at it. Numerous kids were playing in a local soccer match. Her eyes focused in on one familiar blonde hair boy as she sat down. Opening her book, she started to read but she always kept one eye on the blonde boy. A smile came over her face when he scored a goal. However, it was soon dampened by the arrival of her friend. Well, guess it was now time to bite the bullet.

"I know why you're here Bunny," she said, not even looking up from her book.

Edmund Aster Bunnymund came to sit next to her and stared out at the children playing.

"Which one is your nephew?" Bunnymund asked.

"Number seven," Elsa replied staring out at her nephew. In the background, she could have sworn she could see her sister, Anna, and brother-in-law, Kristoff, cheering him on.