chapter three

Astrid;

We talked about things about ourselves while on the road, but a little while later I asked them if it's close to the camp, they said no. I asked Jacqui to wake me up when we're close as I'm gonna take a nap, that whole thing was tiring.

But that guy Merle was on my mind after we left the store, T-Dog dropped the key for the handcuffs so he didn't get to free Merle so he left him on the rooftop. I can't believe that I survived, earlier today I was contemplating to jump from the rooftop and now I'm with people I don't know and aren't related with.

The whole Merle topic was an accident... I hope we can convince his brother with that as he might not understand, it's his family after all.

I took a nap and slept like for almost an hour it seems to be, I woke up when the truck stopped and I figured we are already here.

"Astrid, let's go. We'll introduce you and Rick to the group." T-Dog said, while opening the truck's door.

I was met with a bright light illuminating from the sun, and a place full of trees, they weren't joking when they said they had a camp up in the hill.

Thinking about mosquitoes on me at night makes my skin itch, my blood type is O and I am the target of those things since they love my blood more than others.

Not if I have a sleeping bag to use... I gathered all my belongings, and stepped off the truck. I was met where Rick hugged a kid and a woman with a long brown hair and a slender body.

That might be his family, and he found them... He's lucky. Even though I don't think much now about them it still makes me lonely.

I wonder if I'll be here much longer.

"That's Rick and this is Astrid. We met them in the city." Glenn trailed looking at others while looked at me with an assuring smile.

I nodded, appreciating his kindness. I glanced at the people that are with them. They were alot.

♡━━━━━━ ◦ ✤ ◦ ━━━━━━♡

I familiarized myself with the people here, even everyone's fates are not certain at this time in the world.

Dale, Jim, Amy, Carol, Sophia, Ed, Shane, and Rick's family, Lori and Carl. The last one isn't here which is Daryl, others said that he was out hunting. 

Later this night, I was sitting with the group around a fire camp. Rick was talking and I listening silently.

Lori's head was resting on his side while she was holding Carl. I smiled at the sight. I admit that I missed my family.

"Words can be meager things. Sometimes they fall short." Dale spoke, he catches my eyes and smiled.

"What about you Astrid? Can you tell us about your life?" 

"I don't think anyone wants to hear..." I trailed, looking down, feeling shy and all.

"We want to hear, and you're part of us now, we would want to know about you." Andrea said, I smiled shyly, giving up.

"All right, don't blame me if you feel sleepy. -- I am Astrid Kora, I lived in Philippines but I just came here when I finished college, I studied for computer engineering. I actually left the country to avoid someone, that someone is my boyfriend of almost three years, we are always with each other, then one argument ends it all. He said all the things I never thought that I will hear from him atleast, he said he doesn't need me anymore, after helping him with everything and all I get from him is that word, I tried to stay, thinking that he'll stay, thinking I should be the one to fix it. But I realized eversince this started it wasn't possible anymore."

My eyes welled up with tears, Jacqui pats my back, "I'm sorry, it's just that I have been keeping this ever since I came here. Ever since I was alone on that rooftop."

Everyone smiled sadly, "I'm glad that you found me, if it weren't for you, I wouldn't be here right now. Life is short, we'll never know everyone's fates I might die tomorrow... tonight, but the important thing is that we made ourselves happy before that time comes." 

Dale smiled proudly, "you're right Astrid, life's too short, it's not being oblivious to what's happening right now. And I think Glenn is grateful that he's not the only Asian here now."

Laughs rang in the air I sighed mentally, I thought they were going to be depressed and it's going to be my fault, thanks to Dale right here.

I joined them by laughing too, Dale told me that Glenn was Korean earlier. I was surprised.

"Have you given any thought to Daryl Dixon? He won't be happy to hear his brother was left behind." Dale questioned, I look at T-Dog then Rick. 

The laughs stopped, and became serious. "I'll tell him, I dropped the key. It's on me." T-Dog admitted.

"I cuffed him. That makes it mine." Rick justified what T-Dog admitted.

Glenn cut both of them off, "Guys, it's not a competition. I don't mean to bring race into this, but it might sound better coming from a white guy."

"I did what I did. Hell if I'm gonna hide from him." I wasn't sure where to look because they were both trying to take the blame.

"We could lie." Amy, Andrea's sister hinted, I shook my head not a fan of the idea.

"That's not possible, Merle is his brother, no matter how bad his family is, he still has to know what happened. Judging from what I heard that he was out hunting for foods for the group, I think he's a good guy and need to know the truth." My words presupposed and they look at me and nods.

"...Or tell the truth. Merle was out of control. Something had to be done or he'd have gotten us k*lled. Your husband did what was necessary. And if Merle got left behind, it is nobody's fault but Merle's." Andrea implied, she right but still... I don't know why I keep doing this, thinking about that Daryl.

"And that's what we tell Daryl? I don't see a rational discussion to be had from that, do you? Word to the wise… We're gonna have our hands full when he gets back from his hunt."

Well I better watch out tomorrow for that Daryl, I'm kind of intrigued...

♡━━━━━━ ◦ ✤ ◦ ━━━━━━♡

hey hey hey!! don't worry folks! daryl will be here in the next chapter, I'm so sorry if he's MISSING IN ACTION lol I better let everyone know about the character since everyone knows about the others and Daryl. So I hope you'll understand!

Thank you so much and please vote! ♡