1

I started karting when I was seven and now twelve years later I am driving in a Formula two car, for Carlin.

Living the dream

While getting better at karting I made some new friends along the way.

It was hard being a girl in the motorsport but I am beating new records.

Many people think I don't earn the spot, that I just got this spot because I am a girl. And it is good for the team, saying that they support a girl.

But I proved them wrong.

We are currently in Bahrein for our last race this season.

It is Sunday, race day and I am sitting in my car waiting for the lights to go out on pole position.

Yeah I can drive, this year has been so awesome,  and of course I have a great car, but you need two things.

A good car.

And someone who can drive it.

I may or may not stole someone's seat, in the middle of the year.

And of course it felt wrong, but there are only a few spots.

Formula two is the latest one, before the dream.

So yes I felt bad, but a few days later I knew I deserved it.

Not like he didn't-

Sorry I am rambling again, let's focus on this weekend.

I am having a great feeling about today, the car felt great yesterday.

Practice went great, we had a few problems with the car.

So the team tried to fix it within the lines.

And they told me they did, that is why qualifying went amazing.

Pole position is great, not always the best spot on the track but you can't be more to the front than that.

The only thing that people expect is, that you stay in front.

And that is harder than it looks, or seems.

You can see the noses of your opponents in your mirrors, while you try to brake as late as possible.

Hoping that they don't crash into you or take you with them when they crash.

But normally it is all good.

Today is a big one because all I have to do is win.

And if I do that, I end on top of the list.

Last race, last chance.

If I finish first, I become a formula two world champion.

This is my second year in formula two, last year I drove for a different team.

And Carlin was an upgrade, a pretty good one.

This year was amazing, we of course had ups and downs.

But the end result matters

I am still second on the board, one person ahead of me with one point!

Come on man

At the moment, I am waiting at the grid for the lights.

The formation lap was done and the grid was forming, I had a good dry piece of track in front of me.

Grip

One red light

Okay everyone is ready.