Chapter 1 - Part 3

"Yo," a striking, black-haired girl greeted us as we came. She had a fierce face, with dark violet eyes and fair complexion. "What's that wound on your face?"

"Nevermind that, this isn't even your class. What are you doing here, Arashi?"

"I'm a ‹‹Delinquent››. Does that answer your question?"

So she says, and it has a bit of truth in it. Arashi has had a fair share of the delinquent life, I can testify, but right now her sphere of influence is far greater than I could have ever hoped to imagine five years ago. She's now the president of the student council body, and you could say she's slowly fitting back into the world of ordinary students.

Still though, she still has traces of her former delinquent ways, more like a coping mechanism or a form of denial actually, and mind you, her version of a delinquent is getting shallower and shallower every day.

"Uhhh, no. Delinquents don't go to school, that's what they do, not barge into someone else's classes."

Her face contorted, to that of someone who just got called by the teacher but doesn't know the answer.

"That's... well..."

Her eyes scanned the floor, as her shoulders continuously shifted in a seesaw manner, and when she wasn't able to give me an answer, pushed me into the wall. She ran past, opened the window and jumped out, her miniskirt revealing a flash of pink undergarments, screaming "Jin you idioooooot!!" as she fell away.

"Woah~" Chifuyu whistled. "How does she jump out just like that, and from the third floor nonetheless. As expected of the great Hanzo clan's Arashi-dono..."

I didn't bother checking out the window to see if she was okay. Past experiences have told me that she's a monster compared to normal humans. She's survived far worse actually.

"Honestly. I know you're a delinquent and all, but that's no reason to make a girl cry."

"Chifuyu, the same goes for you too," I retorted. "Get out of here already."

"You know, if there's a reason you still don't have a girlfriend you're pretty much staring at it now~"

"I don't need a girlfriend," I stressed, sandwiching her head on my knuckles.

"Why don't you try saying that in front of Minako's face then?" she taunted, breaking free.

"Why you little!"

"Haha! I hit a soft spot, didn't I? Meeting at 4 o'clock this afternoon!!" she yelled as she stalked out of the room. "Make sure to tell Kannazuki and Rize as well!!!"

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Looks like you've got it rough too, eh?"

I turned around. Sitting right behind me was a fine boy with foreign type blond hair that goes into a dark shade of brown as it goes down. He had electric blue eyes, and skin so fair you could mistake it for cotton. He was leaning enjoyably on his desk, his head resting on an arm, like a playful noble inviting his wingman for a cocktail drink.

I went over to my seat and propped my bag, opening the new volume of Denpa Kyoushi without a glance.

"Don't you have something to say?"

"Not really."

"Is that so? I'm pretty sure Prez just told you to pass a message for me~"