Chapter Three

Once the sun started setting, I made my way towards the game creation clubroom. Damn Chifuyu. I could've skipped classes and gotten home a lot earlier today. As aforementioned, that girl is currently the president, as well as the one who founded the club in the first place. I'd usually skip going there on a normal day, since it takes too much effort to still climb two floors and the people there don't do anything productive anyway, but when Chifuyu instigates a compulsory summon like she did this morning there's not much I can do to refuse. The punishments she gives me are always unreasonable.

If I had to pick between going to the meeting and finishing another 5 hours of homoge with Chifuyu, I'd gladly pick the former. Still, I know it's been a long time since the club last had a meeting, but give me a break, there's really no reason to hold one now that the world's on its last legs is there. Not to mention it's probably just gonna be about recruiting more members (if the world doesn't end) and/or having a teacher agree to be our advisor.

Yes, as of this moment we don't have a club advisor. Nor is our member count sufficient for the club to remain official. It's stated in the student council rules, article two dash three: a club shall only be recognized if it has a minimum of seven members. I'm actually the last to join among us, the game creation club doesn't attract a lot of attention as it already is, but it appears Chifuyu's always been down on members since the beginning.

Incidentally that means there's no Game Creation Club, since it hasn't even been founded yet. Now you might think that's strange. How can there be no Game Creation Club, when we're right here flesh and bone? What are we, then?

Well, that's a little hard to explain, but just take my word for it that, as I stood before the laden wooden door that was our room and knocked, I knew full well the real reason why the club isn't attracting any members. It can't.

"Haiii~" came a cottony voice.

I turned the knob. Inside were two girls sitting between the opposite sides of a table. One was Rize, the silent, timid girl this morning, her shiny glasses and light blue hair unmistakable. Yet... the other one also possessed an alluringly bluish tint, one that, you might say, was unnaturally the far more beautiful of the two.

This wasn't the first time I've seen her. In fact, I've seen her many times, every morning during class. She had a small, thin body, one you'd expect from a cover model of sort. Her short neck-length hair, unlike Rize's, was a strong electric blue with soft, purplish highlights that caressed the tips. Her lips were of a pale pink, light but soft, one that you can't help but feel drawn to. A fresh white flower rested on her right ear, complementing the blueness of her hair like a sun in the sky.

She caught sight of me as I entered, and placed one thousand yen onto the table.

"I'll raise in celebration of Jin's arrival."

Rize glanced at me, then called.

"So, what's this supposed to be," I said, grabbing a chair and sitting on it backwards.

They seemed to be playing a variation of poker, though it became obvious to me this was no ordinary Texas hold'em the moment Kannazuki wore a bracelet when he lost. The same happened when he lost the next round.

"So are you supposed to wear something for every hand you lose?"

"That's right," he said cheerfully. "We're actually playing our original version of strip poker: everytime Rize loses she takes something off, everytime I lose I wear it."

"Ah is that so. But from the looks of it, Rize hasn't lost a single hand yet."

"I made him wear Shiina's props from the drama club as a substitute," she answered.