BIRDS OF PREY

Girl split down the middle and re-sewn

Girl split down the middle and re-sewn. Girl pulling stitches from the backs of her legs. Girl bleeding into plaster. Girl who cannot kneel in church. Girl tearing herself apart.

MOLLY MCCULLY BROWN / Self Portrait as The Other Girl

She keeps her wounds clean with a bottle of cheap alcohol, a smile full of a mirth and a budding anger, crawling beneath her shoulder blades and extending her arms out in a faux-recreation of a saint fallen sinner. Bird girl, pretty bird flies high in the sky with the brittle kiss of nightfall, quick to retreat before the sun melts her down to a pile of molten, piping hot magma, a seething girl: something akin to an overflowing volcano.

Bird girl, pretty bird, doesn't fly to high, she tucks her wings before she lands and plummets to the ground, face eating dirt, body eating souls, teeth eating apathy. The world ruffles her feathers, body by body, mystery by mystery, she is cursed, born with unbridled curiosity and a birds eye view. Wild card, tossed from the stack, she is lucky that the fire doesn't soak her skin, she is lucky for many things but her bird girl, pretty bird feathers aren't one of them.

Perhaps bird girl feels a little too much, her bird girl, pretty bird legs are long and wiry, her pretty bird limbs pale and long, she is not steady enough to keep herself upright, so she falls until blistered hands and grazed knees taste more like victory than spoils of an ancient war. Bird girl, pretty bird thinks that one day she might outgrow her pretty bird bones, but she conquers a fools dream of shedding her skin and flying away one dead body at a time.

Plucking her own feathers, Bird girl, pretty bird, is a ticking time bomb of self-destruction, she is ripe and rotten for things that bird girls, pretty birds, shouldn't want. Bird girls don't want easy prey, they don't fight for their chow, pretty birds don't need to dig their own grave. And bird girl, pretty bird, girl who vows revenge, doesn't needs to pick at dead corpses to get by. Bird girl, pretty bird, knows better than to hum a war-cry. Bird girl, pretty bird, knows not to become a mockingbird.

Because bird girl, pretty bird, girl who vows revenge, wild card, saunters around Mystic Falls like it's her own personal hunting ground. Growing cold, Bird girl, pretty bird, is losing all her pretty bird feathers. This is the way of the world, it's okay because bird girl, pretty bird, collects a royal flush and after months of flying low, bird girl, pretty bird, knows a few things about living a pretty bird life. Bird girls, pretty birds, wild cards, never-ever songbirds, you know, the ones who die in human sacrifice rituals? They know that bodies leave bread crumbs and that blood is much better fresh.

Klaus Mikaelson should know better. Scout Gilbert: Bird girl, pretty bird, girl who vows revenge, wild card, never-ever a songbird, the one who died in a human sacrifice ritual, has an empty belly and an overwhelming hunger.

        Scout Gilbert is ready to eat the world raw.

madelyn cline / Scout Gilbert

joe keery / Elliot Buchanannico hiraga / Matt Donovandaisy edgar-jones / Elena and Katherinelorenzo zurzolo / Stefan Salvatorewolfgang novogratz / Damon Salvatorefelix mallard / Jeremy Gilbertdiana silvers / Monday Buchananchance perdomo / Maveric...

nico hiraga / Matt Donovan
daisy edgar-jones / Elena and Katherine
lorenzo zurzolo / Stefan Salvatore
wolfgang novogratz / Damon Salvatore
felix mallard / Jeremy Gilbert
diana silvers / Monday Buchanan
chance perdomo / Maverick Ames
hoyeon jung / Chae-young Lee
patrick wilson / Alaric Saltzman

authors note re-created bury a friend in a new book, cassie is now named scout, similar storyline and dynamics, caroline and scout r still secret lovers, elliot and scout r still besties causing havoc. loosely jennifer's body inspired and when i say loosely i rlly mean it! if you wink you can see the fluff and the happiness that continues to die with each chapter i re-write lol.

dedications aster my beloved! the one who started this whole revival!! you are to blame grr. bre lyria demi ellie lana jo SCXRECROWS vintagegrace voidnyxx quacksicle vqmpbekah and all others who enjoyed bury a friend/like the vampire diaries!! <33 thank you for reading!