#stevetober Day 10: Storm

-----

Series: Rainbow Quest

AU: Solace

Characters: Sabre, Shadow Sabre

-----

It had begun to rain more as I sat at my desk, sighing. Shadow sat in the corner, looking as sulky as ever.

"It's four in the morning, Sabre. Go to bed before I make you." He gripes and I pinch my nose bridge, getting tired of his complaining. He had been announcing the time every fifteen minutes since midnight and annoying the living daylight out of me.

"Shadow, you know I can't sleep right now, I have to get this-" He cuts me off by standing up and using dark tendrils to jab me. I yelp and fall out of my chair groaning.

"It can be done in the morning. Now get in that bed, and close your eyes. I'm not going to deal with you sleeping in and complaining until forsaken noon." Shadow growls and then crosses his arms, waiting for me to get up off the floor and get into bed. I sigh, annoyed at his persistence, then stand up and walk over to my closet to change. For the love of all things bright and beautiful, could he not be so pushy at times? Jeez.

The sounds of the storm outside calms me down a bit as I take off my hoodie and change shirts, sighing at the feeling of the cold cloth against my skin. Shadow seemed to be more persistent than ever recently and I couldn't pin down why. Maybe it was just him being moody-

"I can hear you, Sabre. Get done in there already." -And my thoughts were constantly being invaded by him, so that was lovely. I groan and walk out of my closet as Shadow greets me with another sharp glare. I take a moment to blow out the candle on my desk before I walk over to my bed. I guess Shadow was right... now the tiredness was setting in.

"I'm always right about this you idiot." I shoot a look at Shadow before I move the covers and slide under them. He was such a pain in the butt at times.

"Good night, Sabre. Now get some rest idiot," Shadow says before he fazes out of view and I lay on my side. Well, nothing else to do besides close my eyes and try to sleep. The rain patters on the window and I let myself listen to it, only to fall asleep a minute later.

I guess storms could cure my insomnia.