Chapter Thirty Seven: Forgiveness

Ron stayed in the infirmary overnight and Harry, Hermione, and I made our way back to the Gryffindor common room. The twins were asleep on the couch by the fire and I asked Harry if he could bring down their blankets as I went up to get mine. Out of habit, it looked like they left just enough space for me in the middle. I put the blankets on the twins and wrapped myself up before sitting between them. I stretched out my legs before leaning against Fred.

          He mumbled, "Mei," ever so softly and I blushed.

          I gave George a nudge and he leaned on me. It didn't take too long before I fell asleep after the night I had.

          "Mei!" Ginny exclaimed as she came downstairs, waking myself and the twins.

          "Mei?" asked the twins, "Mei! When did you get here?"

          For once, Percy didn't scold us as he seemed relieved, too. We all laughed a bit before getting ready for breakfast. I put my hair into a ponytail and brushed down my bangs neatly, covering the bandage. I pulled out the necklace because I planned on seeing Draco before breakfast. He usually shows up before 7am so I had some time to run to the dungeons.

          I ran down the stairs thinking of an excuse, "I'm going to the infirmary for a bandage and I'll see you all at breakfast!"

          I ran past everyone and out the portrait before anyone could stop me. Trying not to run into anyone, I was nearly at the dungeon before running into Draco, knocking us both down and kissing him in the process.

          "S-Sorry, Draco," I blushed and apologized quickly while getting off him.

          No one was around and I helped him up.

          "Mei. Are you ok?" he asked while getting up, blushing.

          Before I answered I gave him a hug, much to his surprise.

          "Wha-What are you doing, Potter?" he asked, getting embarrassed.

          His arms were extended out, not sure whether or not to embrace me. I let him go and held his face in my hands, embarrassing him further. He noticed that I was still wearing the necklace he got me and was about to say something but I had to tell him.

          I laughed, "This is just like when we first met. Draco, I forgive you."

          He was speechless.

          "About Buckbeak," I explained, "it's ok. Really. I can't explain why, but I forgive you. It's not your fault and I promise I'm ok."

          I heard voices coming from down the hall and I was about to leave but Draco held my hands at his face, the cold rings tickled my hands, and he kissed me.