CHAPTER 3: PROBLEMS

Dae Min is sad because his parents were never with him. After all, they were too busy working. With that, Dae Min only shares his problems with certain people only as Mrs. Soo Jin, Jae Min, Jung-Ho, and Jae-Hwan. One day, Dae Min greets Chae San by asking how is she doing.

Dae Min: "Are you feeling well?"

Chae San: "Me? Oh, I'm fine. By the way, why are you suddenly asking about me?"

Dae Min: "Just asking, you looked unwell yesterday. So I ask."

Chae San: "Oh, okay."

Chae San left the conversation feeling blushed. Chae San went to the bathroom and screamed out loud because his crush acted. That moment can not be erased from her memories. Chae San doesn't know that Dae Min's family is troubled, but it is already known by Soo Gi (a.k.a Chae San's adopted brother) who likes to help Chae San to sabotage Dae Min's personal life.

When Chae San finds out about it, she starts investigating it with Soo Gi and Sha Yeon. They planned to enter the teacher's room secretly to avoid being caught. They opened every drawer that kept the personal information of all the students including themselves. Dae Min's father's name is Kim Hong Seok and his mother's name is Kim Ji Eun. Both of the names sound familiar to the three of them. His father is a businessman majoring in nutrition, his mother is a businesswoman majoring in tourist accommodation.

They also made their impression that maybe his parents were too busy with work and that their child was almost finished school without them realizing it. But they also feel puzzled because often, children who do not have enough love from their parents will always rebel or bully others.  Why is Dae Min so kind and generous? They wonder. Dae Min is also an only child. Soon they went home because it was almost late at night.

 Soon they went home because it was almost late at night

The next day, Dae Min returns home alone. On the way home, Dae Min stops at a grocery store to get a cup of coffee. Coincidentally, there were not many vehicles passing by in front of the store, making the atmosphere there temporarily quiet from the hustle and bustle of the city. Then a car passed in front of the store, the car was owned by Chae San's family and driven by her father. Looking out the window, Chae San saw Dae Min brooding while sipping coffee and Chae San's heart suddenly felt excited to see her dream boy. She wanted to wave at Dae Min hoping that maybe Dae Min would notice. But she will feel ashamed of the presence of her father there who likes to tease her if she does that. However, deep in the corner of her heart she asked "Isn't he rich, why doesn't he ride in a car? and Where is his house?".

 Suddenly her father spoke up.

MR. PARK: "Chae San, what are you thinking? Earlier, I saw you just staring out the window. Are you okay?"

Chae San: "Nothing. I'm fine, you don't have to worry about me."

MR. PARK: "Hmm, okay then. Let me know if there are any problems you face, don't be silent."

Chae San: "Okay, Dad. Everything is surely just fine."

The next day, Chae San comes to school earlier than usual after knowing that Dae Min always comes early

The next day, Chae San comes to school earlier than usual after knowing that Dae Min always comes early. For 30 minutes, Chae San faithfully waited for his presence while hovering on his classroom level but the bridge of Dae Min's nose was not visible at that time. Chae San looked at her watch which was almost approaching 8:00 am. Chae San's feelings changed from happy to worried, she currently frowned thinking about Dae Min's whereabouts. The class was about to start, and Chae San went straight to her seat in the class instead of still waiting for him.

It's time for their break, Chae San rushes out of class to meet Soo Gi at their usual place.

Chae San: "Soo Gi, do you know why Dae Min is not here today?"

Soo Gi: "Oh, Dae Min. You must be worried about him, right?"

Chae San: "Yuh, how come I'm not worried, he's not in class since earlier."

Soo Gi: "Oh, you don't want to worry about me? Am I not important to you?"

He said jokingly. But when he turned his gaze towards Chae San who looked really worried, Soo Gi continued to change his expression to become serious.

Soo Gi: "You don't have to worry so much. I heard earlier that he was coming, but he looked less healthy than he usually look."

Chae San: "Oh, really?! For real?? If so, where is he now?"

Soo Gi: "I don't know, you can go find him if you want. Today, I can rest alone here. Anyway, don't worry too much about him, I'm sure he's a strong man."

Chae San: "Okay, thanks a lot. See you later, brother."

Soo Gi: "See you, sister. Hmph, brother."