Hostility

Lloyd and Zane went inside to resume their conversation; they didn't want anyone else overhearing and getting panicked.

But Lloyd was panicking; pacing back and forth.

"No no, nononono. This isn't good. This is NOT good."

"Lloyd," Zane pried, "I'm going to have to ask you to calm down."

Lloyd stopped and glared at the nindroid. "How can you POSSIBLY ask me to calm down when something terrible is going to happen to my son?!"

"Well, first and foremost, we don't know for sure it was a vison," Zane explained calmly. "I said I've had similar dreams, not that I've had the same dreams. Correlation doesn't automatically equal causation. And second, if it turns out that it is a vision, we won't be able to think of any solution if we are panicking."

"But..." Lloyd stammered, "but y-you said all your visions come true, right?" He started pacing again, holding his hands to his head as if it were about to explode. "S-so, if this was a vision, it would also come true...right?"

"Well, that's exactly it. We don't know if it was. And if it was, it is clearly his first one. He has no track record of visions we can follow. All of mine may have come true, but his may be preventable somehow."

Lloyd grabbed hold of Zane's shoulders. "But that doesn't make any sense! What is the point of a vision if it doesn't happen!?"

Zane lightly pried Lloyd's grip from his shoulders. "When I had my vision with Aspheera and the Never Realm, I could very well have warned Jay and Nya quicker about finishing the slide puzzle, but they slid the last piece into place before I could warn them." He shivered at the memory.

"But you didn't because you foresaw it!" Lloyd was shouting at this point. He hated how much sense the idea of visions made.

Zane sighed. He wasn't gonna get through to Lloyd when he was distressed. He knew if his children had something like this happen, he would also be incapable of rational thought as well.

Before Lloyd started shouting again, they heard the creaky sound of the monastery door opening and closing. He and Zane turned to the noise instinctively. Logan was standing against the door, huffing like he'd just finished running a marathon. He looked terrified.

Instinctively, Lloyd walked over to his son and kneeled down to his level, attempting to ignore the conversation he'd just had. "Is everything alright, bud?"

Logan smiled, still out of breath. "Y-yeah, I...just needed to go to the bathroom...again." He started to run in the direction of the bathroom but Lloyd stopped him and put a hand to his chin.

"Logan," He said, his stern voice barely able to hide his fear, "I feel like there is something you need to tell me. Is... something in the training grounds scaring you?"

Logan rubbed his hands together in a guilty manner.

Suddenly, he threw his arms around Lloyd, clutching his gi as if he were dangling over a cliff. He started sobbing. "I don't want you to die, Daddy!"

For a moment, the only sound in the room was Logan's sobbing.

Lloyd wrapped his arms around his weeping son in an attempt to calm him down. "It's okay, Logan, I'm not dying anytime soon," He said, his voice laced with uncertainty. "Th-that nightmare gave you quite the scare, didn't it, bud?" He looked back at Zane, more frightened than before.

"Here, Logan," Zane pulled out a tissue and gave it to the sobbing child, "Why don't you take a break in your room for a while. You're father and I will talk about this, okay?"