chapter twelve: the map to the safe zone.

(Y/n) POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...he's been a while, hasn't he? I hope he's alright.

"...sleepy, chub?"
I ask, looking down at Iris.

Iris grunts at me, wiggling around with an angry expression and tightly closed eyes.

"Oh, what's wrong...? Are you cold?"
I ask...maybe he needs his blanket again.

I walk out of the livingroom, the next room is the hall and the door i was pulled in from, and like the man said, the blanket and the toy are on the dresser.

Iris continues to make strange noises as i grab the blanket and put it over him, he kicks and starts to cry, when he wraps his chubby fingers over it, he throws it back on the floor.

"Alright...not cold."
I mumble.

...what else does he need? He doesn't smell, he's slept for most of the night while I've been running around...maybe he's hungry?

"Are you hungry, chub?"
I ask, he doesn't respond...why do i keep talking to an infant? He doesn't understand a damn thing i say.

I slide the backpack off my shoulder with a nudge and open it up...most of the clothing and towels are soaked, but the formula inside is air sealed in the pack, so i think it's perfectly fine..! The bottles are fine after being soaked, if anything they're probably more clean than how they are when Markus cleans them.

"Seems like everything's good...wait, the fucking kettle..!"
I groan, pulling out the soaked electric kettle...cant use that anymore.

Great...how can i make him food when i don't have any way to heat up water? Maybe the man has one, I'll ask him when he gets back.

"Looks like we need to wait to have some food, buddy...im hungry too, you're not alone."
I mumble, holding the crying little baby.

"Yeah...i wish i could cry too, hell, I'd be sobbing on the floor if i could, but i can't stop for a single second or those creatures will eat us all..that's a scary thought, isn't it?"
I say, poking Iris' nose, he doesn't seem amused.

"...trust me, everything will be fine after we get back to the road. We'll find your Mommy and Daddy and go home, then you can drink all the milk your chubby belly can handle."
I say.

I hand Iris the toy again, and it seems to calm him down...i can hear his little stomach growling, i don't think he'll be happy with the toy for long.

When i fell asleep...i had such a weird dream, it wasn't a normal dream, it was more like a memory...i remember that so well, when she was desperate enough to get pregnancy aids from this random Lady...i never actually got an answer on how she found her, there wasn't any message or ads on it on her laptop...its like she just found her from thin air...and it was like the Lady was evil, tricking Amanda and...

"I found some paper! That took longer than i expected.."
The man says, walking back into the room with a piece of paper and...a calligraphy pen? Strange, this place so far just looks like its stuck in the early 1900's.

"Ah, great, i was starting to get worried.."
I say, chuckling a little.

He lays the paper down and starts scribbling on it, humming to himself as he does it, i lean against the wall and wait for him to finish the map.

...i hope he's right about Luiza, if she can get Iris and i out of here...i'm more than willing to walk for hours. This place so far has been so fucking scary, and so, so strange. Its getting stranger too, old Lords, 'cursed' Villagers, that weird growling...what the hell happened to make this Village turn so eerie? Or has it always been this way...?

"Nearly done, Just have to..."
The man mumbles, Iris starts to cry again, throwing the wooden bat and jerking around, i grab the bat from the ground and give it back to him, he stops crying again...i think he just forgets everything when he sees it.

"I know, Buddy....sir, you wouldn't happen to have a kettle i could use, do you?"
I ask, he looks at me and Iris.

"I don't think so, im not the type to have tea, neither was my wife...im not sure i ever owned one in this house."
The man says.

"F...great. Would Luiza have one?"
I ask, he looks away from us and slouches down beside the dresser, scribbling on the paper again.

"Most likely. Luiza converted her home into a safe house of sorts, and hot tea is a well known comfort."
The man says, before leaning up and stretching his back.

"There we are, a little direction to get you to Luiza's home."
The man says, grabbing the paper and rolling it up, he hands it to me and i grab it with haste.

I put it in the little side pocket of the backpack, its usually meant for tall thermoses, but the map fits perfectly in it. I make sure to put it back over my shoulder once i secure the map.

"This is great...thank you so much, i didn't expect to meet somebody so kind."
I say...besides him calling me an idiot when he dragged me in his house, he's been pretty understanding and helpful with answering my questions.

"It was no trouble, i hope you and the baby get to your home safely...be careful, not many are humble towards foreigners, don't trust others that Won't trust you."
The man says.

"Alright, thank you again...i'll be heading out now, mister..."
I pause...i never got his name.

"Avery. It was nice to meet such a kind person in this time."
The man, Avery, says.

"Thank you so much, Mister Avery, goodbye...!"
I say, grabbing the blanket from the table and walking towards the door.

I walk out and drape the blanket over Iris, walking out the gate of the house and back in the wide Village area...wow, the sun is rising, how long were we roaming in the dark? And how long was i actually asleep for...?

"Here we go, Chub...lets go to Luiza's house."
I mumble, reaching behind me and pulling the map from the holder.

'Dont trust others that won't trust you'...i'll remember that, if the others are as unfriendly to foreigners as Mister Avery's made them out to be...i should keep that in the back of my head.