six || oatmeal

a/n: in hindsight,

one flew over the cuckoo's nest by ken kesey:

"a criminal pleads insanity and is admitted to a mental institution, where he rebels against the oppressive nurse and rallies up the scared patients."

chief is the narrator, mcmurphy is the protagonist.

and looking for alaska by john green:

"miles "pudge" halter is done with his safe life at home. his whole life has been one big non-event, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave "the great perhaps" even more (francois rabelais, poet). he heads off to the sometimes crazy and anything-but-boring world of culver creek boarding school, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. because down the hall is alaska young. the gorgeous, clever, funny, self-destructive, screwed up, and utterly fascinating alaska young. she is an event unto herself. she pulls pudge into her world, launches him into the great perhaps, and steals his heart. then. . . .
after. nothing is ever the same."

miles is the narrator and main protagonist, alaska, if you couldn't tell by that wonderful goodreads synopsis, plays his enigmatic love interest.

good luck 🍀
&&
happy reading 🧸💫

-

// YOU'RE READING //

GIVE UP THE FANTASY (a hsmtmts au)• chapter six || oatmeal •word count: 1,546

• chapter six || oatmeal •
word count: 1,546

"more was revealed in a human face than a human being can bear face to face."

[ ken kesey ]

~⏳~

"WHAT DO YOU mean, Gina?" Ricky asked, voice shaky as he paced back and forth, rubbing the back of his neck.

Gina shook her head, picking at her skin. "I...I can't tell you. I'm sorry. It's just...it's too risky."

Ricky shook his head furiously, breathing fire. "No. You don't get to do that, okay? I get we just met and...and I barely know you, but you don't get to do this to me. I am so sick and tired of everyone dismissing my questions! It's like nothing makes sense anymore. I need it to make sense. Help me make it make sense. Please, Gina, I'm begging you. I need answers. What's with the secret passages and the paintings and this tower and and a-and you? What's with the purple butterflies, huh? Why are you here? How did you do what you just did? Are you, like, magic? Or something? Tell me, please!