¿Lurking?

"Shadow."

"Yes¿"

"Why are we lurking around in the dark?"

"Shadow wants to see what Sir Night is doing¡"

"Then just ask him."

"No¡ Shadow misses being stealthy."

"Then why am I here?"

"You followed Shadow."

"Oh, Right-" he knew Shadow was good at finding dark places where he could sleep. Dark yawned, "who's he talking to?"

"Shadow doesn't know¡ Can't hear over you."

"Was going to sleep anyways." He sat down against the wall and fell asleep.

'How is ge tired¿ he was sleeping 5 minutes ago- oh never mind.' He strained his ears trying to pick up any words of Nightmares conversation, "Shadow still can't hear... maybe if Shadow whent invisible Shadow can get closer¡"

Shadow tryed a few times in vain to disappear. "Shadow must be doing something wrong..." he racked his brain to remember how he would manage to hide from other steves. "Oh, Shadow is thinking about this the wrong way¡ Shadow doesn't disappear, he melts into shadows. Shadow's name seems like it should have been a big hint to that-"

Shadow tryed again, instead of trying to disappear he tryed to think of becoming part of the shadows around him. When he opened his eyes he couldn't see his body, instead a mass of dark shadows. 'Shadow did it¡' he was so exited that he almost forgot what he was doing. He tryed to navigate through the other shadows to get closer to Nightmare.

Nightmare was studying a map and seemingly muttering to himself, or at lest that's what someone would think if they couldn't hear him. He was talking in the same manner as he does with Dark when explaining a mission he needed to go on. He seemed to be explaining how something or someone wouldnt be on a seemingly random area of the map, like something only he could see was pointing to areas on the map.

Eventually he seemed to have found a reasonable area on the map and marked it with one of the small banners Shadow had decorated. He walked away from the map and into another room. At the same time Shadow emerged from the dark driven towards the map by curiosity.

"What you looking at?" Darks voice made Shadow jump in surprise, he hadn't noticed his brother had woken up and came up next to him.

"It's a map. Sir Night was looking at it and muttering to somebody." Shadow touched the area Nightmare had marked, "What do you think is so important he marked here¿"

"Dunno, might have something to do with that guy he's been looking for though. Ya' know, the really colorful one? Hangs out with that chiken dude."

"Shadow heard them talking one time around when Shadow escaped the forest¡ Sir Night is looking for Rainbow Steve and Sabre¿"

"Seems so, least that's what he tells me when I go scouting. 'Remember, while you're out there look for anyone or anything that could lead us to where Rainbow Steve is'. Stuff like that."

"They seem nice."

"I guess? Never really payed much attention to that. I just follow Nightmare's orders." Dark walled away back into the dark part of the room and out of sight.

"He is very good at stealth. Shadow must practice, then maybe Sir Night will let Shadow go on missions with Dark¡" and with that he ran off after Dark.
_________________________________________
562 words
I'm going to pet Shadow. I will do it!
Also Nightmare better not be eating bees-

SS