[26] If Only

Scott, Angel and Stiles ran into one of the many dark and empty classrooms in the school. "The desk!" Stiles semi yelled as the three began to push it towards the door before Stiles stopped them, "Stop, stop." He switched his gaze between the door and the siblings that were standing at the opposite end of the desk.

"The door's not going to keep it out."

Scott spoke fast, "I know-" Angel began to panic slightly but remained calm. "It's your boss," Stiles said fastly. "What?" Scott answered just as fast. "Deaton, the Alpha. Your boss." He pointed at Scott.

"No-" Scott protested. "Yes. Murdering, psycho werewolf." Angel took a step back and took in her surroundings a little more, trying to come up with a plan B.

Okay.

The girl looked around the room until her hazel eyes landed on the windows.

"It can't be."

Her eyes fell on the jeep through the window, it wasnt that far away, close enough that if they ran to it, they could make it.

"He disappears and that thing shows up ten seconds later to toss Derek twenty feet through the air. That's not convenient timing?"

Get to the jeep.

"It's not him."

Her thoughts took her back to Derek, the face he wore when the alpha impaled him. The blood that was dripping from her hair and down onto the floor around her.

His blood.

"He killed Derek."

A shudder ran down her spine as she tried to push his face from her mind and instead focus on the plan.

"No Derek's not dead. He- He can't be dead."

How do we get out if we don't know where the alpha is?

"Blood spurted out of his mouth and soaked Angel who, by the way, now looks like she's just walked out of a bloody massacre. Okay, that doesn't exactly qualify as a minor injury. He's dead and we're next."

Fuck.

The familiar panicking feeling deep in her gut came back at the thought of dying here. Now.

She had barely lived, in fact, this was her life just begging, she couldn't let it be over before it had even begun.

She was not going to die here.

She wouldn't allow it.

The girl closed her eyes and thought of all possibilities, backup plans, ways out, anything that would increase their survival.

She mentally thanked her mom for making her watch all of those crime videos growing up as she made sure she had thought of every problem.

"Okay, just- what do we do?"

The best friends turned to Angel as she reopened her eyes, taking in a deep and shaky breath as she explained, "Okay." She started, "We're gonna somehow find a way to get out of the school and get to your jeep then get the hell away from here." The boys looked towards each other and nodded, "You need to seriously think about quitting your job." Stiles reported as they all turned and walked to the windows.

Scott puts his hands over the window to try to pry it open before Stiles stops him, "No, they don't open. The school's climate-controlled." He said quietly as Scott's breathing got heavier, "Then we break it."

Angel shook her head, "We can't, it will make too much noise." She explained.

"Then- we run really fast."