Chapter 1: The Drifts

"Jeez, Niki what took you so long. I have been waiting for the past 15 minutes,"my best friend Izzy said.

" Sorry, Mrs. Moss needed my help with something real fast," I said.

" Niki, this is the 3rd time this a week that you have been late. I think we should just bring our own cars from now on unless it is an emergency."

"Ok, alright, I'm sorry," I replied as I fastened my seat belt and Izzy pulled out of the parking lot. Izzy has been my best friend since birth. Our mothers grew up together and had us at the exact same time. They both had c sections.

When Izzy pulled into my drive way we both noticed a moving truck at the house next door. Izzy parked the car and got out grabbing her duffle bag from the backseat since she was spending the weekend at my house. I grabbed my book bag and hopped out of her two-door Jeep Wrangler.

We walked into the house and went straight up to my room, my parents wouldn't be home until probably 2-3am so we had the house to ourselves for now. As we walked into the room the first thing you saw was my California king bed that had a light blue sheer canopy over it that was open on all sides and draped over the corners. I had a large window seat and glass doors that went out on a balcony. A had my own bathroom and a huge walk-in closet full of the latest fashions.

We both dropped our bags on the couch that was in my room and went back down stairs to get a snack. Walking into the kitchen we found my older brother Will sitting at the island eating a pint of Ben & Jerry's cookie dough ice cream. I walked by saying," Jeez pig, did you get some for us?"

Will replied," In the fridge, dummy."

"Do you know who is moving in next door?"

"Nope. Do you?"

"Nope. Just wondering."

"Why don't you two go over and say hi."

"Maybe we will."

"Good."

"Fine." Izzy and I walked out of the kitchen, slipped on our flip flops and walked out the front door. We walked over and knocked on the door. A very hot, tall guy about our age answered the door, he was shirt less and had a nice six pack but wasn't overly muscular.

He said," Hi, what can I do for ya?"

I replied," Hi I'm Nikeya, Niki for short. I live next door. This is my friend Izzy. We just wanted to come by and welcome you guys to the neighborhood."

"Sure thing. I'm Scott, would you like to come in? It's kinda a mess but you can if you'd like."

"Sure. So where are you from?"

"We came from North Carolina. We lived in a small town and my dad got transferred here to Atlanta."

"Cool, I have some family that lives the Western part of North Carolina. Near Cherokee and Bryson City."

"Neat maybe I knew some of them I lived in Sylva."

"Yeah maybe."

We walked in and he led us into the kitchen where his parents were. Also in the room was another guy. He was tall with shortish dark hair. Scott introduced us to his parents and then to the mysterious guy. His name was Matt and he was 17 like us and was in our grade. Scott was 18 and a senior. Matt seemed nice at first but that seemed to change as the day progressed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok so sorry I never updated I've been busy with school and my other book but here it is. I hope you enjoy.

Vote

Comment

Fan

Love,

Cassie <3