Chapter 8

"Are you sure about this?" Hikari asked as he looked straight at his brother. Senku had that conniving smile whenever he plans something not-so-good and always causes trouble.

It was always the same back then when Senku gets away in buying chemicals that aren't that dangerous first glance. But somehow, the boy always finds ways to mix them together to get the mixture he wants. Hikari could feel a headache incoming when he thought of the time Senku almost made a concoction of mustard bomb.

Senku did feel genuinely sorry but that might be when Hikari decided to read book about chemicals so he could supervise Senku's endeavors.

"Yep, ain't it a good plan." Senku said as he had his hands on his hips, the same smile he always had stuck on his face.

"Now that you're here, I'm more than one billion percent sure that we can successfully get that alcohol." Senku said giving Hikari a look. Hikari knows that look very well, though it was vastly different from the puppyish look children give to their parents, the confident glare that Senku was giving Hikari was similar to that forbidden technique.

"You better be thankful I like you." Hikari said and though he wanted to glare at Senku, it only came out as a slight squinting of his brows and eyes.

The miniscule expression that his older brother makes, always manages to amuse Senku. It might be because they've been together since they were kids but Senku could grasp his brother's mood quickly than others. They always say that Hikari was expressionless or a person with a facial paralysis and made no show of emotion to his face, but Senku knows that his brother was rich in emotion compared to others.

There was one time, but Senku had caught his brother crying due to an anime movie they had watched back at their home.

"Now that we're done discussing this, how will you deal with that." Hikari said as he crossed his arms, a minuscule worried look on his face.

"Hm?" Senku asked back, looking confused on what his brother meant. Hikari quickly understood that Senku had no idea at the moment.

"Well... Uhhh... A few meters from our camp, someone is approaching from that direction." Hikari said and made Senku stop his fiddling with the beakers.

"Serious?" Senku already had a hunch that Tsukasa would send a scout, but didn't expect it to be this early.

"Yes. Though the footsteps sounded weak when I scouted a while back." Hikari stated like what he said didn't sound so scary. As if tailing someone who tails you is normal.

Senku was already used to it though.

"It's probably a spy that Tsukasa sent." Senku placed the topic on the back of his head as there were more important things to do other than the spy. Though if his brother wasn't here, then he might've panicked a bit more since he was still unprepared.

Now that Hikari is here, there was no need to worry much about Tsukasa for the meantime. It might be a stretch but he can confidently say that his brother was the stronger one between the two. He knows what his brother's first job was, that was enough to reassure him of Hikari's strength.

"We can ignore them, if they attack then I'll leave it to you then, big bro." Senku stopped then looked at Hikari with a smirk.

"You really are..." Hikari said, his brows a bit scrunched together and placed a hand on Senku's head to rumple his hair roughly.

"Right. Since you have some time, why don't you help with the ramen for now? I tried on recreating it but its still tasted a bit rough. I don't know what to do to make it more like the... modern? ramen." Senku sounded a bit unsure at the end, not knowing what to call the food from 3,700 ago as.