Vet Clinic

Do not copy right this material.

Characters:

Orca (main character) 16 yrs old, plans for a human life. A bit of a goof and hard headed, but very caring to her two mutts.

Chance: 4 yr old Bull Mastiff who Orca rescued from the pound. He only trusts her, and doesn't let anyone else touch him.

Max: A six month old Bouvierr de Flandres who Orca's parent bought, hoping for a normal health dog. He has the mind of a destructive 3 yr. old and has separation anxiety when Orca leaves him.

Duval- 18 yrs old. Next in line for Alpha of the strongest wolf pack in New England. Goes to Orca's school, and helps to run some of the sessions. Stubborn, but a good leader.

Siggy- 17 yrs old werewolf. Her older brother is Vladimir. A very bubbly person and makes fast friends with Orca. (Potential to be a beta)

Ecbert- 34 yrs. old, werewolf. A vet/ doctor who helps to mentor Orca and treat Chance. Part of Duval's pack.

Lagretha- 18 yrs. old werewolf. Came from a splinter group and is trying to prove herself at the school. She's cunning, lethal, and loyal, though to who she doesn't know.

Vladimir- 18 yrs. old werewolf. Son of the beta of Duval's pack. Very competitive and known for his strength and skill with battles.

Chapter 1: Vet Clinic

This was not how Orca, a 16 year old girl, had pictured her Saturday morning. She had finally got her license and was driving around down town when her phone had gone off. Pulling over, she answered it on the last the ring. Chance, her four year old Bull Mastiff was at the vet clinic, he had collapsed on the floor without reason.

Now she found herself sitting with Max, a six month old Bouvier de Flandres, fancy for fluff ball who looks like a poodle gone wrong, as they waited for Chance's results. Well, she waited. Max was contently nawing on the chair, the leather leash, or her shoe lace. It had been like this since day one, and Orca was not in the mood to argue.

Orca tried to remember how her day had started. It was very typical, well sort of. It was July 14th, a Saturday. She and her parents, along with Max, had gone to the DMV to pick up her license. They had taken two cars up there, her mom's acura, and Orca's 14 yr. old red SUV. When she got her license, her parents walked her to her car where she found Max who had broken out of the doggy gate at the back of her car and was contently nawing on her steering wheel. Great start. Orca drove Max around down town for awhile. They were pulling out of the Duchess drive through when she got call from her mom, and now here they were.

It wasn't the first time that Chance had been sent to the emergency room. In fact, this was the eighth time in four years. They never knew what the problem was, and the docs always put him on drugs that would mask the problem. Normally he walked into walls, bit himself, or some other weird and unexplainable stuff. Orca was surprised that Chance allowed her parents to even touch him, let alone bring him to the vet. She supposed that's what happens when your first owner hits you. Chance only trusted Orca. Max trusted anyone with food or a car.

Orca looked down at her watch. 11:30 a.m. They had been sitting there for twenty minutes. Sighing, she leaned her head against the wall, sending a silent prayer that Chance would be alright. Ironically, her mom was probably doing the same thing. Her dad managed dislocate a disk in his back when he attempted to lift Chance into the car. Orca knew that it was probably cruel of her to not be there with her mom. But, what about Chance? For some reason, she felt that she needed to be here. Her father would be alright, she was sure of it. Suddenly, a door opened from one of the rooms.