20| Flowers

Sam had asked me out on a date. He showed up at my office, with flowers, and asked if I wanted to go out with him.

Of course, I said yes. I would be an idiot to say no.

So, now, Amara was helping me get ready for the date. I had no idea what we were going to do. It was warm outside, and Sam told me to dress for it, but that's all I know.

"This one?" I asked while holding up a short sleeved summerdress. I never wore dresses with small straps, because my shoulders are uneven and it makes me feel uncomfortable.

"Another color maybe?" Amara suggested. "Black and the sun... You still have that red one?"

"Yes." I nodded and switched the dresses. "This one better?"

"Yes!" My sister smiled at me. "Put it on and I'll wait at the door for Sam."

I had told Sam I live in Hoboken and he said he would pick me up. Even if that meant a two hour drive. But he said it would be okay.

I put on the dress when I heard the doorbell and my cheeks already started to turn pink. I felt them burn, but maybe that was because of my smile, too.

"Lori!"

"Coming!" I shouted back and opened the door to walk out of my bedroom. I saw Sam with another bouquet of flowers and bit my lip to stop my mouth from grinning more.

"Whoa." The man breathed as he saw me, and I looked down.

"Is it all right?" I asked uncertain. If it's not, I'll change.

"It's beautiful." Sam smiled and handed me the flowers. "You're beautiful." He whispered to me as I was close enough.

I blushed more and handed the flowers to Amara. "Can you find a place for these?"

"Sure thing." She nodded and turned to Sam. "If you hurt her, I'll come for you. She does not deserve that. See you guys tomorrow."

I pushed Sam out of the door so he wouldn't have to deal with my sister, but she was already done. I closed the door and sighed.

"Sorry."

"No, it's fine." The man hold out his hand for me to take. "I know how sisters can be. My own has a lot more threatening things to say."

I chuckled as he led me outside, where a plane was at the parking lot.

"Really?" I asked. "You took a SHIELD plane to my house?"

"It's not SHIELD anymore, but yes." Sam smiled and opened the hanger door. "Come on. I want to make the most of today."