Answers {Chapter 5}

The Sleepy Bois slowly advanced on the rooftops, trying their best not to make too much noise. The fact that they had seen a person split in two was shocking, to say the least. If you were were to ask how their day would have gone, they would reply with a movie night. Not this. They didn't even know how it was possible for someone to split in two. And another thing they didn't understand, Nightmare had said that they were 2 minutes apart. They clearly didn't look 2 minutes apart. Try a few years, then you'd be closer to the truth. 

They all huddled on top  of a small building's roof, hiding behind some of the taller ones. Techno watched as the two people stopped in an alleyway, slowly walking over to the part of the roof closest to there. He turned his head and made a motion for the rest of his family to follow. They once again huddled at the edge of the roof, watching as the two figures sat down on some cardboard boxes. They tried to listen to what the two were saying, but thee two had lowered their voices to a whisper. 

"Does anyone understand whats going on?" Tommy whispered, shuffling in his spot. He made a confused face as he leaned closer to Wilbur.

"Sorry bud, but I don't think anyone does." Wilbur whispered reassuringly, pulling Tommy closer into a sideways hug. He rubbed Tommy's arm as he looked at his father and his brother. They both gave him a look of apology and worry. "But we'll figure out what's going on, I promise. Then we can go and get ice cream or something after, if it'll make you feel better."

"ice cream sounds good. Maybe a movie too." Tommy mumbled, keeping himself awake and alert. He had gotten exhausted from running around and it being late in the evening, but he needed to stay wake. He knew he would be able to go home and rest after this, so that was his motivation  for staying awake and listening as best he could to the conversation between Dream and Nightmare.

"Maybe a nap first then we'll get ice cream and watch a movie. You seem like you'll fall asleep any moment." Wilbur whispered, running his fingers through Tommy's hair. He was careful not to get Tommy to confortable, they were still on the job. He didn't need Tommy falling asleep and being out like a log, unable to wake up from how exhausted he was.

While Wilbur and Tommy were cuddling and whispering, Phil and Techno were getting as much information they could from the two sitting in the alleyway. They were able to pick a few things out, all from the young blond who talked rather loudly at times. They figured out that today was their birthday, they had fights about cake flavors, and the younger seemed to know nothing about the older killing people. They didn't understand how the younger didn't know, but they didn't know much either, so they couldn't know for sure. But the younger seemed so oblivious to the fact that the person cuddling with them had killed people. And not just a few within days, It was 5 in a day without being caught. And considering how he acted, they couldn't help but feel as if Nightmare was manipulation Dream into thinking he was innocent. Ofcourse, manipulation could also be the answer for other things; like if Nightmare and Dream really are siblings, or just two strangers, one a manipulator, and the other a victim of manipulation.

The two in the alleyway seemed to forget that they were supposed to be on the run as they got into a sleeping position, Nightmare cuddling Dream on his chest as he lay on the boxes. Phil and Techno waited until Nightmare fell asleep to beckon Wilbur and Tommy to come over. They sat at the edge of the rooftop for a few minutes, wanting to make sure Nightmare was asleep before they went down to contain them. Once they saw Nightmare's breathing steady out, they climbed down the ladder connecting from the ground to the top of the building.  

Wilbur carefully picked up Dream in his arms, his composure faltering for a moment before returning to his straight face. Tommy was going to question this, but stopped himself as he saw Wilbur regain his composure and looking towards Nightmare. Techno slipped out a pair of handcuffs and carefully cuffed Nightmare's wrists together. He then got out another pair and cuffed Nightmare's ankles, probably an attempt to hold Nightmare down if he were to try to escape. It would also take more time to get out of, so that was a plus. 

Techno then put a bracelet on Nightmare, and Tommy recognised it immediately; a tracking device.  The bracelet adjusted to fit around Nightmare's forearm, just above the handcuffs. Nightmare started to stir, letting out a low groan and seeming to wrap his arms around something that wasn't there. Phil then reached into his cloak and pulled out a bottle and a cloth. He crouched down, getting to what would be eye level with Nightmare. He poured a drop of the liquid in the bottle onto the cloth and brought it up to Nightmare's face. He held the cloth over Nightmare's face. After a minute, Phil pulled the cloth away from his face and beckoned for Wilbur to bring Dream over, doing the same thing to Dream. Once he was done with that, he put the cloth and the bottle back into his coat as Techno picked Nightmare up and hauled him over his shoulder, an arm securing his position by being placed under his knees.  

"Did you really have to chloroform them?" Tommy asked, turning towards Phil who let out a small chuckle. 

"I had to, or else they would have woken up, and we don't want that. And it wasn't even that much! They'll maybe be out for an hour or two!" Phil exclaimed as he started walking out the alley and in the direction of their agency.

"I agree with Phil, I don't really feel like carrying a flailing body around: Techno replied. Even if his voice was monotoned, you could tell that deep down he felt exhausted at the idea of that. 

The rest of the trip back to the agency was filled with playful arguing over whether or not chloroform was the best option for this situation.

words-1083