Bonfire

It's the cliche bonfire at the beach that you see in all the movies. There is a unlimited amount of booze that combines perfectly with the typical horny teenager. Couples all around either making out or heading to their cars to get in a quickie. The fire is burning bright and notorious cliches are surrounding it. You should get the picture by now or at least be able to understand the high-school parties. We are starting here because tonight is the night, my best-friend finally convinced me to dress girly and trouble was waiting at every corner.
   Oh. Let me introduce myself, how rude of me. Andy Pesci. A senior at Curie High-school. You can usually spot me in the rec room before school working with the robotics team ( I am the captain by the way) or at the football field practicing.  I am the kicker but I could very much replace the Quarterback. I have been begging since freshman year but they are "scared I'm going to get hurt" but this year is my year. I spent all summer running plays with my older brother who was the captain of the team 2 years ago. I am certain, I can make it if they just gave me a chance. Anyways, back to the party.
" This dress is way too tight, how am I supposed to relax in this?" I say while stretching the fabric. I should have never let her do this, my dignity is out of the window. " You are acting like your mom doesn't force you to wear dresses on Sundays, just follow my lead!" Julia says while she swats my hands away from the dress. The dress is not that bad. It's dark blue and floral. It stops right before my knees but has a deep v neck. I'm not used to showing skin. I choose comfort over sexiness any day. Julia struts in front of me, swaying her hips and flipping her hair. Yeah... totally not me. I relax my posture and shuffle my way behind her. I only came because I felt bad for denying her party invites before but it's only because I like being at home. I like my bed and Netflix has never done me wrong. "Are you ready to get your party on?!?" Julia asked with a big smile. " I guess" I said with a shrug. "Come on, Andy! It's our senior year! It's time to make some memories that we will tell our kids about" she exclaimed. She was right. I spend a lot of time training and doing homework, I never really get to have fun. I mean unless you call doing crosswords puzzles at the dinner table with your family to see who finishes first then, it's questionable. " You're right! Julia let's have the night of our lives" I scream. I grab her hand and we run to the makeshift bar in the center of the beach. There is all types of drinks. Julia picks up a bottle of Hennessy and says "Drive the boat as Hot Girl Megan would say" as she uncaps the bottle. I tilt my head back as she pours the brown liquor down my throat. This is disgusting. I do a little shiver and then say " Your turn!" Julia takes her turn driving the boat and that's when they arrive.
"DUCK!" someone yells from behind. I turn around and my reflexes allow me to catch the football. I squint to see who threw it when a husky voice whispers from behind " Great catch doll face". I turn around to find the owner of the voice and it's none other than Dixon. Dixon is one of my teammates. He is a notorious player and one of the reasons I am not the quarterback. Let's just say, he was very vocal about me not playing footballs with the boys. "Get away from me" I say with a light shove. "Playing hard to get, I like that" he states, moving closer. He must not recognize me. Between all this makeup and his liquor intake, he is clueless. " It's literally me, Andy. Are you honestly that blind?" I state with my hand on my hip. He looks me up and down. " Who knew you had body under all those body pads, I will definitely petition to share locker rooms now" he said with a wink. "Hey! stop being such a creep" Julia steps in, making space between us. " WTF is wrong with you Dixon, she is literally one of the guys. Back off! " Fred steps in. Another teammate, who I can stand. He is really nice and offers me his sandwich at lunch sometimes.

" I was just playing with her, what are you guys? Her parents" he says as he stumbles off into the darkness of the beach. " I didn't need your help, you know? I was looking for a reason to give him a knock sandwich" I say with a smirk. "He is a waste of time, I can't wait until you take his spot" Julia spat with a glare in his direction. "Me too, we will finally have someone good! " Fred says while putting his arm around Julia. When did they become a thing? Julia looks at him and smiles. " Literally, disgusting I am going to sit by the fire and leave you two to talk" I say as I grab another drink before leaving. I honestly just wanted to be alone with the beach. The beach is so peaceful. Heading the waves crash over and over is my favorite lullaby. I head to a empty part on the sand. Not many people are around but it's close enough for be found if needed. I open up the can of beer and chug it until there is no more. A big belch came out. That was incredible, I have to tell my dad when I get home.

" Now, that's not very lady like is it?"