Chapter 1

(Narrator P

(Narrator P.O.V)

Strange Beasts and monsters. Vast riches. Hidden treasures. Evil haunts. Uncharted Frontiers. The mysterious unknown. The people who are captivated by the magic in those words...are called Hunters.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

[Whale Island]

On whale Island, there was a tree and some young boy sat on a branch with a huge leaf on his head with smaller leaves on top of the big one and smaller leaves on his clothes as he held onto a fishing pole, and next to him was a female in a kimono and light blue hair sitting next to him.

"Is Gon still angling for the Master of the Swap?" A male asked as female with orange hair jumped then looked back at the male and said "Uh, yes. He's been at it non-stop for a whole week now. And Mila has been with him ever since we took her in." "So I gotta know...Did you really promise he could take the Hunter Exam if he caught the thing and that Mila would have to join him?" the other male asked as the tanned male said "They're a fool. Five adults working together wouldn't real that monster in. So what chance does two kids have, huh? Sounds to me like Mito doesn't really want them to take the hunters exam." "Maybe so, but wasn't Gon's old man his age when he caught the Master Of the Swamp and Mila's father abandoned her maybe she wants to find him." the other male as Mito gasped as the second male said, "They don't stand a chance."

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Gon was still sitting on the branch he was looking at the swamp as his hook on the fishing rod was getting a tug his eyes widen for a moment then he held onto the grip a little tighter. As the hook got deeper into the swamp he lifted the rod up and stood up and exclaimed "Ah, yes! Here he comes!" the swamp fish started to move around then Gon ran around the tree.

As the string was against the tree he soon put one of his feet on the tree then he jumped off the branch the swang over another branch and Mila got ready as the fish came out and Mila soon wrapped her hands around the fish.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"Look at the size of it! That's the master of the swamp?" Male 1 exclaimed and asked as Male 2 said "Wow, it's been twenty years." "Yeah, it was Gon's dad who caught him last time, right?" Male 1 said again and asked as Male 2 said "Like father, like son" "Gon and Mila really did it. They actually caught the master. Mito, over here" Male 3 said calling over Mito.

Mito looked through the crowd as Gon and Mila looked at her then ran over to her and said "Aunt Mito, look. I caught him just like I said I would. That means me and Mila can finally take the Hunter Exam. Right?" Mito frowned as Gon and Mila just smiled then Mito sighed as Gon said "I'll do my best. I'm going to be a Hunter, just wait and see" Gon and Mila started to jog away.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"It must be in his blood. Ging was only twelve years old when he caught the master and no one has been able to land him since. And now his son has accomplished the very same feat at the same age" Gon's great-grandmother said as she walked towards the table where Mito was sitting down.