3.

I spent the rest of work scribbling on a note pad. Mr. Gilinsky came out multiple times and surveyed the area but his eyes always made their way to mine.

I checked out of work when the last second rung. I didn't want to be a second late home.

"Leilani can I talk to you for a second?" Shit, I'm supposed to be cooking tonight and I can't be home late.

"Uh, I have to get home" I said looking at my open toed shoes.

"Why are you so afraid to look me in the eyes?"

"It's disrespectful". I say softly considering we were the only ones in the office.

"No it's not". He said slamming his hands down on the nearby desk. I flinched. I started trembling.

He's going to hit me. He's going to kick me. He's going to punch me.

I cowered away thinking that he was going to hurt me. I didn't know Mr. Gilinsky well so I don't know what he does to women.

"Look im sorry, but you don't have to be afraid of me. I'm not going to hurt you".

"It was nice talking to you sir, but I have to get going". I picked up my bag, holding my side in pain. I swiftly walked to the elevator while carefully looking at my watch.

Shit.

I'm thirty minutes late.

~

I opened the door seeing a candlelit dinner, the lights were dimmed and a slow cello symphony was playing.

"James?" I called out trying to figure out was all this was about.

"Hey baby". He called out from the kitchen. I looked around the wall to see and a feast for an army in the kitchen.

"Wha...what's going on". I said inhaling all the beautiful smells. There were a vary of colors and smells, it looked like a masterpiece. He's never done this before.

"I'm cooking you dinner". He said grinning really hard.

"I guess thank you...?"

I dropped my bag on the couch and kicked off my shoes.

"What happened to your face?" He said tasting the mashed potatoes.

"Oh nothing, I just... I just um... I fell"

"Oh baby, I hope you're ok".

"Yeah me too". I whispered to myself

Does he really not remember, it was only yesterday.

--
Please vote or comment it be appreciated.

xoxo urban