4.

I had a good night, a pleasant one. James was lovely. He abided by my every wish. He was such a gentleman but I was very confused as to why he did all this. I didn't know if this was his way of apologizing or his way of saying "I'm sorry for hitting you but I'm going to continue to hit you". I was a strong women, I never had a man put their hands on me, not even my own father. So when James hit me I was so scared, it was so unexpected. He's never did anything so me sexually, I told him that'd we'd have to wait to we get married but right now I'm thinking that maybe thinking we could ever get married was a horrible idea.

\\

"James?" I called after him when I didn't find him anywhere in the bedroom. I had to get ready for work and I had to make sure he wasn't home because he'd want to make changes to my attire for the day. When I didn't hear any reply I pulled out a pencil skirt and a cream top and cream pumps. I hopped in the shower and washed. Once I got out I wiped off the foggy mirror. I pulled out my makeup pallet and did a natural look. I tried to cover up the bruises as much as I could without going overboard with concealer.

\\

When I entered work there was an eerie silence. There was only the clicks of the keyboard, there was no loud chatter or gossip in the office. I know I wasn't late but I was very confused. As I sat in my cubicle a note fell on my desk. I looked at my friend Deenah and gave her the 'really' face. She nodded and scooted back into my desk. I opened the note and it had the worst handwriting on it. It couldn't have been Deenah's because she has the prettiest handwriting. I read it and it said 'My office when you get in'. I groaned, not again.

I knocked on his door and I heard a deep come in. When I walked in he was signing off some papers. I stood near the door before he told me to sit.  I couldn't help but stare at him. His five o'clock shadow was very apparent and his taunt muscles were fighting against his tight shirt. I was going to continue staring until I heard him continuously rapping his pen on the hardwood table. I looked at him and his eyebrow was lifted.

"Uh, sir you wanted me in your office?" I asked trying to keep my eyes off his figure.

"Have you ever thought of calling the authorities?" He asked getting right to the point. He just won't let this go, will he?

"No sir, I love him"

"You still love him after he gave you bruises and put his hands on you"

"You don't know what happened, why are you trying to be apart of my relationship?"

"First of all, I know what a slap bruise looks like and second of all, you are one of my employees, one of my best employees I can't afford to lose you". At first I felt bad for him because something might have happened to him for him to know what a slap bruise looks like but then I thought he just wanted me to get help so he can keep me around.

"What do you want me to do, I'm not calling the cops on him, I love him too much".

"Leilani! Love can only so far"

--
If you still have this book in your library I love you and thank you. I decided to update this because my mom hasn't paid the Netflix and I was like hey why not.

Vote

Comment

Fan?

xoxo urban