Kiss ▶ 1

Crystal chandeliers, romantic music, everyone in their long gowns and suit and tie----an amazing ambiance, you can say.

Tonight is the John Dale University's University Ball at one of the finest hotels in the city, the Constance Hotel. Every organization was invited as they celebrate the University's 100th Foundation Day. There were speeches, awarding and dancing that made this event perfect for some.

 There were speeches, awarding and dancing that made this event perfect for some

Caizza Jasmine Natividad was one of them. She is a member of the Remontados, a debate society of the school. She's someone who's witty, pretty and nice that's why she captures the eyes of most guys in their school. There's just one problem though..

She hasn't fallen in-love yet.

That feeling when suddenly you hear your heartbeat pounding so loud that you can almost think that it might get out of your rib cage.

That cheesy feeling when you feel butterflies rumbling in your tummy.

That moment when you feel utterly speechless at the mere sight of him.

That moment when you can't help but feel delighted whenever he's around.

She wanted to feel all of those but when and how would that happen? To whom? And when? Iyon ang hindi niya talaga alam.

She's been with several guys already, mind you.. Thinking it would just pop out anytime when she's with them.

But it never did.

She felt nothing.

There was no spark, in short.

.

But how come that this night is different from any other night in her life?

.

The ball was in full swing as the students then stated to fill the dance floor with dancing couples just after the speech given by the University President.

Caizza, or CJ, as what the people call her, was asked to dance by a guy wearing a suit with red necktie. He's so attractive alright and she knows who he is. He is Tom Richardson from the Soccer Team and is also the son of his father's business associate. He's a Fil-Am. And he is one of her many suitors and so she agreed upon receiving his invite.

What can a single dance do anyway?

She smiled at him and put her hand on top of his. He walked with her across the hall to the dance floor. Every eyes got stuck at them, thinking what a great couple they would make and the couple of course being oblivious of it. His gaze never left her face but her eyes were off to somewhere.. or someone.

"Hey, you enjoying the night?" Tanong ng binata para makuha ang atensyon ni Cai. That made her break her gaze from somewhere and focused on Tom instead.

"Yes, the ball's amazing. Magaling talagang mag-organize ang Student Council." She forced a smile.