Chapter 4

Hiccup's POV

My face was more red then then it had ever been, even when Astrid punched it!

I was just so angry!

"Ugh, look at me bud." I sighed, laying on Toothless's back. Toothless made his strange sound and looked back at me with happiness in his eyes. I couldn't help but smile.

"I'm seventeen and I can't get over a simple argument with my dad!" I was flustered and tired, so was Toothless. "Come on bud, let's land down there. We've been flying quite a ways."

We landed on a very small island. When I thought back, I realized we were far from Berk. We must have passed the sea stacks an hour ago.

The island was small, a tiny patch of trees and a long white beach. It was pleasant.

Toothless roared and I looked to where his head was pointed. The sun was going down rapidly.

"Alright bud, we'll make shelter..." I trailed off. "Huh. No shelter. Alright, we'll sleep on the beach. it doesn't matter as long as I'm with you bud." I gave him a scratch under the chin, and he fell down in delight.

I laid next to him and propped myself up a bit. I watched the sun set before falling asleep with my head resting on Toothless's back.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hurry!"

"Grab him!"

I shot up from sleep and heard voices yelling. It looked about midnight, but torches were lit somewhere out of view. I saw the fiery glow and slowly got up. Toothless followed suit, giving off a quiet low growl.

We snuck farther along the beach and then his behind a nearby boulder. We peeked up and I gasped.

"Berserkers!" I exclaimed under my breath. Beneath the boot of some Viking was an injured Whispering Death!

That Viking was him. Dagur the Deranged. Leader of all the Berserkers.

"Take the dragon to the ships!" Dagur commanded. Quickly the armada hailed the dragon onto a ship and sailed off like lightning.

When all was quiet Toothless and I ran out towards where the Whispering Death was chained down. The chains were still there.

I picked them up. It didn't feel like Gronckle Iron but it definitely wasn't regular steel or metal used in anything.

"Woah." I muttered. On it's own the chain fragment curled itself tightly around my finger. "It's like a weed. Berserkers made this for dragons."

I pondered the thought for a moment. "I'll call it steelweed. Easy enough huh bud?" I looked over and saw steelweed wrapped around a tree.

"Let's see if it can be broken." I picked a Gronckle Iron sword that Gobber had lent me a few days ago and a whacked the chain with it.

Nothing.

"Gronckle iron won't break it? What can?" I was confused.

"Why don't you try using your Night Fury, huh Hiccup?" I froze. Dagur stood behind me, holding a bow and arrow right to my head.