Heatstroke

Synopsis:

Kagura's facing the worst nightmare of every Yato. The fact that she had a job on this day is no easy task.

A/N: This fic is the first part of the Heatstroke series 

XXX

"It's hot....why today's summer so hot?" The pale skinned, vermillion haired girl mouthed in frustration. Today was exceptionally hot considering it's in the middle of summer. Even her umbrella cannot fend of the heat she experienced. Not to mention, she's already on the verge of fainting herself.

"Why the hell do we need to work in this heat? THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! IF IT'S NOT BECAUSE OF YOUR STUPID GAMBLING, WE CAN ALREADY BUY AN AC." She vented her frustration towards the silver permed head walking in front of her, who's fanning himself with his hand.

Maybe it's because of the heat, he immediately retort, "SHUT UP WILL YOU? WHO'S FAULT THAT BROKE THE ONLY FAN IN THE HOUSE? HUH?"

"AND WHOSE FAULT IS IT THAT WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY A NEW ONE?"

"I'm working on it, OK! You brat better be grateful that this Gin-san was willing to work for the sake of your comfort!"

"Comfort, my ass! You're only thinking of yourself."

The glasses wearing Shinpachi sighed as he looked at both of them, bickering to no end. Even the heat's getting into him. "Can both of you stop fighting for once? It's already hot and your making this even hotter!"

Both of them stopped and look him dead in the eye. Kagura snorted, "yeah right, glasses like you won't ever understand us humans."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT? AM I NOT HUMAN ENOUGH? YOU'RE NOT EVEN HUMAN YOURSELF."

He immediately calmed down. "We won't get anywhere with this. Let's just split up so we can cover more area."

Both of them look at each other and agreed. Rather than bickering, they'd rather finished the work and get the money fast.

"Seriously why do we took the job anyway? It's just a lost cat." Kagura seemed highly disturbed. Well it's not the first time they received this kind of job, it's just that she wanted to work inside to relieved the heat that practically burn her body.

Gintoki smirked, "Kagura-chan, you don't understand. The cat belonged to some rich guy's daughter and they've already offered tons of money as rewards. Just think about all the sukonbu you can buy."

Kagura sighed, giving up and started walking away while the other two just stare at her dissapearing figure. She didn't even bother to start an argument.

"Are you sure she's gonna be okay, Gin-san?"

Shinpachi turned to face his employer, who started picking his nose. "This is kagura we're talking. I'm sure she's fine. "

"But she looks a bit paler than usual."

"I said she's gonna be okay. Now hop to it, Patsuan."

XX

"It's hot..." Kagura walked along the streets in Kabuki district. To be honest, she's not even aware of her surrounding and just let her feet dragged her body.

Her weakness towards the blazing sun frustrates her. She can't help it. The strongest being in the universe can't even handle the sunlight. Maybe yatos were cursed to be in the darkness, alone and lonely, she thought.

She brought up the photo of the cat, trying to remember the features before she start searching. The name "Mei"inscribed on the photo. Blue eyes and a white body with black stripes.