teenage years

Jenny kept starring at the door waiting for someone.

"Are we done waiting"

Jenny sighed as she turned to her classmate. She nodded. Guess they wouldn't be coming.

She got into position and started to dance .
It was beautiful and never before seen but still it had amateur steps. One-day she'll try to take it a bit further.

After the show where she showed off her many talents like singing and dancing, she went out to the parking lot.

She stared at the empty space that once had her family's car and jenny gritted her teeth. She decided to leave it. Maybe jisoo's program didn't finish like it was supposed to.

She decided to sit at the entrance of the school. She probably dozed off, so that's why she didn't see them arrive.

Jisoo hugged her tight but she didn't feel anything at all. There was no special bond,no sparks, just disgusts.

She looked over her sisters shoulder but no adult decided to follow.she squeezed her to get her to let go.

When they finally entered the car, she lost respect for her parents.

"Where were you?"

Her parents softly laughed. "At jisoo's program"

"Right, and that ended more than an hour ago plus I made my classmates and their parents wait an hour for your ass-"

"-hey mind your language"

"I ask you one last time where were you?"

Her mother's resilience went down as she sighed.

"We sent your sister for a check up, we were scared she might get hurt"

"Oh really? And me, what about me. Am I not supposed to go too why do I see our road back home"

There was silence

"After all I did more work than spelling stuff and playing with dogs. I played the violin and danced "

"We were just worried for her, ya know it's her first day".

Her dad reminded her that.

Jenny sighed."fine be like that "

She had mixed feelings. So was this performance to her. It was also her first time.

She decided to rest her eyes and think about it. Ever since they were young, they had always missed a program of hers for jisoo's but the car was always there. The car had never moved.

It was either jisoo was in or she was still at the hospital. Never had they left her behind and for once she felt her heart beat painfully.

"Psst,  she's asleep you can eat now"

That was her mother.

"But she's asleep. Can't I share with her? She'll be upset when she finds out"

"It'll be our own little secret "

It was her father.

Jenny held in the urge to cough. Back then even though jisoo was sleepy, she still had her eyes half awake. She was still present for the movies.

Funny how it feels to be stabbed in the back.