Chapter 3

Don't care

Everything that can possibly go wrong... happened.

I moved from country to country since... well since a while.

I made friends with multiple people and lived a life of crime to stay hidden from my captors, I've been trying to find a way to get ahold of my brother ever since I escaped.

I can't say I'm living a life my parents wanted me to have, I mean, look at me.

I'm no miracle.

But to survive I did things I'm not proud of, nor ashamed of, I killed to keep myself safe and to keep a roof above my head. I didn't really have a choice once I landed in earth I mean, my face was scarred to the point where anyone could recognize me, my aura was easy to track and that's when I decided to become an assassin for a man named Fury.

He offered me a well-paying job and complete invisibility to the outside world, I got an apartment well-hidden and another job as a waitress for a high-end club that is secret to the public. I got to restart my life with the name Ana, I didn't particularly like the given name, however I had no choice but to be grateful for the offer he had given me. In return, I of course killed the people he wanted me to kill, from high end CEOs to nobody's, in the beginning I felt horrible for killing these people, but as time went on, I've come to accept their fate when I just had to worry about my own.

At the age of 16 I was able to escape from an unknown world to earth, I landed in Chicago where I was easily traced by those aliens, time and time again as I ran from state to state I arrived in New York where a man in a red metal suit saved me.

He let me stay in his home for a few days till I met Fury, I guess he knew as soon as he saw me that I did not belong to the world I had entered and quickly took me away from the man in the red suit. He was horrified by Fury's actions and tried to take me away from him, looking back at it now I knew the man in the metal suit wanted me to live a normal life then to live a life that I am currently in. I remember the eyes he gave me, those eyes I've seen before, the eyes of a person that worried for me.

I remember after working for Fury for a few months the man in the red suit found me on one of my missions, he asked if I could help him find some people and in return I would get money, a home and anything at my feet. I was reluctant for the reason being I was already working for Fury, but in the end accepted the offer from the man I soon learned was called Mr. Stark.

Before I met these two men, I was a dog and I still am.

I was a dog running from its owner, they have me just the way they want, scared and traumatized, I have a collar around my neck just this moment.

Knowing they are out there searching for me.

That is what scares me, them, scratch that, he scares me, that horrible thing that caused my misfortune...

To be able to survive this long is a curse to be completely honest, knowing my twin gave himself up for me to survive is torture.

I hate that I've tried to end my own life ever since that day, but every time I'm close to give up I remind myself that my brother gave himself up for me to keep living. I know if he sees me now, he would regret his choice...

All I do is work, sleep, drink, and fuck around with different men.

I'm not proud of what I have become, neither do I hate the way I have chosen to live my life.